20-THE VISIT

Playlist-Drunk-Zayn Malik

OMNISCIENT
Abuja, Nigeria.

"Ahmad Rashad, the oil business tycoon, has once again managed to gain back his company's position as the top-rated in Nigeria in just a day. Furthermore, the oil mogul also gained fifty-six million Yuan which is equal to seventy-five percent of the HK group of companies' shares," reported the anchorman.

The television was on without anyone paying attention to it. Everyone in Zayyad's residence is busy with one work or the other because they're expecting very important visitors today. The only thing that he told his children was the visitors are very special to him so they must make sure everything looks 'perfect.'

"Asiya, come and chop the onions," shouted her mother.

"Alright Mama," Asiya answered and strutted to the kitchen to meet her mother after she finished cleaning the dining table and chairs.

"Rahma, grate the carrots," She yelled out, her voice faltering in the end.

"Mama, please go and rest," Asiya sighed for the umpteenth time today.

"No, just hand the onions to me and go take a shower," Asma'u refused.

"No, you rest. I'll take care of the fried rice and coleslaw, fry the samosas, and make the chicken wraps and the mocktail. Your health matters the most to me," Asiya insisted.

"Alright, please make sure everything goes well," Mama said and strutted out of the kitchen.

"I am still wondering who these very important guests are. Baba hasn't mentioned their family name or anything so I don't have the slightest idea," Asiya thought and continued working. She was jolted out of her train of thought when she heard the refrigerator's door opening.

"You can't even greet," Abdul uttered, making her shriek in surprise.

"Ah! Ya Abdul, when did you come back?" Asiya flashed him a grin and went to hug him.

"Five days ago," He sarcastically mumbled.

"Ya Abdul," she whined.

"I took the first flight to Abuja. Baba said it's urgent," Abdul said and sighed. He still couldn't comprehend why his father will ask him to come back early in the morning because of some guests. No, important guests.

"Yes, he said some very influential guests are coming but didn't mention their names," Asiya replied.

"That's what he told me. So, what are you cooking?" He asked and peeked at the pot of fried rice.

"Sometimes, I wonder how you manage to maintain your body," She joked, making him laugh.

"Because I work out, you fool," He answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Hello, dear siblings," Nura waved with a smile.

"What a nice morning it is not to greet. You're older than me, I see," Abdul set his lips in a thin line.

"Bro, I didn't even see you," Nura said with a small smile playing on his lips.

"That's because I'm invisible," Abdul rolled his eyes.