"I understand your worries, doctor, but we have to limit her interactions until the board comes to a decision as to what to do with her."

"Do you know how long that might take?"

"I'm afraid I can't say anything more for legal reasons."

"We can't keep her in those conditions much longer, sir. Combined with her previous trauma, it could be seriously detrimental to her well-being in the long run. She hasn't shown any signs of aggression since I began seeing her, and based on my assessment, I don't believe she poses any threat to others or herself. We could move her out of the isolation ward, let her interact with other patients during the daytime, that way she wouldn't be leaving the hospital and you would still be able to keep an eye on her."

"I'm afraid it's not that simple. Even if she herself isn't a threat, some people have very strong opinions about this case. We can't be sure the other patients won't try to harm her. This is for her safety as well."

"But, sir, the psychological damage extended isolation can cause is-"

"-well documented among patients and inmates, I know, you included it in your report. Look, doctor, I know you're trying to look out for the girl, but we cannot make any further decisions until the investigation finishes. Until then, all you need to do is to keep at what you're doing. You said having contact with others will help reduce the negative effects of isolation, so keep up your regular visits."

"You know that isn't enough, we-"

"We can only work with what we have. Thank you for coming, but I have a meeting in just a few minutes. I'll have my assistant see you out."

"...no need, I'll walk myself."

"Of course, have a good day."

"I hope you will reconsider my proposal."

"It was good seeing you again, doctor."

_______________________________________________

"I don't know, do you think we should?" Ashido mused, eyes contemplative as she swung her legs behind her. She lay on her stomach, sprawled out on the floor, head resting atop her arms. She glanced up to Kirishima and Kaminari sitting on either side of her.

"Midoriya's been trying to get some people together so we can all go, but I think it's a little hard with everything going on," Kirishima sighed, leaning back as his fingers laced behind his head.

"I think we should! I bet she's actually really nice!" Kaminari declared dramatically.

"Well, I mean... she's done some... you know..."

"But she's with the heroes now, we're on the same side, right?"

"You're so positive, Denki, how do you do it?" Mina giggled.

"It comes with my quirk!"

"I'm not sure that's how it works, man."

"What are you talking about? Of course it is!"

"Do you ever think one day you'll short out and just never recover?"

"That wouldn't be manly at all! Right, Kami?"

"That's right! My brain always recovers!"

A faint buzz sounded from somewhere in the room as Kirishima curiously fished his phone from his back pocket.

"Yes!"

"What is it, dude?"

"Bakugo just said he'd help me study for Mic's test next week!" Kirishima cheered excitedly, "Do you know how long it took to convince him to tutor me again? My grades are saved!"