"What do you get out of it?" I hesitantly questioned.

"The satisfaction of knowing I was right. That you two don't belong together." She smirked at me, "I can hear her whispers in my ear telling me to stop, telling me to let you go. I want her to want me to kill you."

Our secret my ass.

I needed time though, and this might grant me enough to get the advantage. I still had twenty-one more hours to go.

I took a deep breath.

"I told (Y/n) that I had hurt Tommy because I wanted revenge and while part of it was true, it wasn't the whole truth." I continued letting each word sting me more, "I felt so powerful and it somehow fixed what her death broke. I was so empty and somehow it made me feel full. That it why I wanted to kill Tubbo. I wanted his power."

Her eyes were closed and she hummed at the words I was saying.

"And I am scared I will miss the void it filled," The next part hurt even more, "And I am even more scared that one day (Y/n) won't be enough to stop the crave for it."

I hated the way I thought but it haunted me. That my addiction to power would eat me alive.

Her eyes popped back open, and it somehow looked like her eyes were even darker. Like she had absorbed every terrible thought I have ever had.

"It is a shame I have to kill you Dream," She teased, "We have so much in common."

However she backed away from the tree and I knew what it meant. It satisfied her, that most likely the whispers of the woman I loved were gone from her head.

I slid down the tree and ran again. Ran until I couldn't think about the awful things I had just confessed.

Maybe we fought too hard for something that was never destined to work. 

I should have let her go.

Right when I almost fell over from being out of breath, she was in front of me, appearing out of thin air. Like she teleported to me.

"How-"

I was cut off by her making me lose my balance. I fell to the ground.

I had no more energy, no more stamina. No more fight in me and she was using it to her advantage,

She bent down, putting her knees on both sides of my body.  I watched as she took out a dagger that was strapped to her leg.

She traced it on my lips and leaned down to reach my ear, "It's a shame you have to die, Dream. We could have done such terrible things together."

I should kill her, it is what (Y/n) would want. It is what she asked of me. But I can't.

I can't lie next to her body or see her it drenched in her blood and my tears. I can't lose her again.

All I could hope for now was that she can hear me say goodbye.

"I love you (Y/n)," I tell her.

She takes the dagger and brings it to my neck.

"I love you for your stubbornness and your inability to swim. I love you for shattering my plates and for stepping on my toes when we dance. I love you for punching me when I am an asshole and most importantly..."

I move my eyes to hers or what should be hers.

"I love you for the darkness you wield." I wanted her to at least know that. That for the part she hated most about herself, I loved. "Till death do us part."

I felt the dagger dig deep enough to cause my blood to drip from it. Nevertheless, when I looked into her eyes I swear I could see the sparkle of life within it. For that second I knew she heard me.

"You are an idiot," She mocked, "An idiot for thinking that would work."

I ignored her. "(Y/n) drop the dagger."

I watched as her hand froze, not dropping it but at a standstill.

I felt the release of the tension on my neck and I felt the dagger drop to the side. I took this to push her off and run like hell.

I couldn't help but smile. 

"That's my girl," I whispered as I disappeared in the forest.

Hey guys!! It is planned that there will be around 4 chapters left of the book. And one of those may or may not be a smut chapter hehehe.