Chapter 2

Finally Arrived at Hogwarts. I am surprised I even chose to stay with Malfoy and his friends?

 we were currently at the great hall, some girls are already glaring at me, see this is what I mean when I didn't want to blend in with everyone else".  Don't get me wrong I had tried to go to a different spot but Malfoy wouldn't let me. 

"Sykes" I heard a deep voice say. I turned and my eyes met with Tom. "yes Tom- Sorry I meant Riddle" I say as I glared at him a bit, I mean why wouldn't I? after what happened at the train I am not gonna bother talking or try being his friend. 

"Move" is all he had said as he then led the way for first-years to the common room. Before I could leave, Professor Dumbledore had stopped me. "Miss Sykes" I smiled a bit "yes Professor?" He smiled through his moon-shaped glasses and said "I wanted to talk to you in my office, is that alright?"
"yes of course," I said. 

"Miss Sykes, I am aware you are handing out with Tom and his friends. I just wanted to let you know, Tom isn't who he really is. he is... you could say a, very strange young boy. his intentions aren't so good. I wanted you to be careful around him if you could." Dumbledore had said. "certainly professor, I had some gut feeling too about him, now that you confirmed, I will try my very best to stop conversing with him or his friends." You say. "his friends, I truly believe are innocent, just Tom, I am worried about. you could try changing him." he said half-jokingly. you laughed as you nodded. "Alright Y

, you should head back and rest, for your school day tomorrow, remember what I said," Dumbledore said while waving goodbye. "Yeah, got it. thanks again. Have a great day, bye!" you say while walking out. 

it had already got dark, you were never a big fan of the dark. "shit, I forgot my wand" you say as you slowly continued your way to the dungeons. you kept overthinking, making you even more scared than you already are. you hear footsteps, you want to yell for help but a hand stopped you from doing so. "shut up Sykes"  you hear Riddles voice. "Riddle? what are you doing at this time?" you ask. "are you stupid? I am a perfect. now, what are you doing here." he said. you try not to roll your eyes and said "I was speaking with professor Dumbledore, now heading back but I was kind of scared, you know, the dark" you half-smile. "what did he want" tom said in disgust. you chuckle lightly and say "no need to use that tone but uh he was just making sure I made good friends, since I am new to this sort of thing, talking to people and actually hanging out with people" you lied almost smoothly. "just so you know, we aren't friends and never will be." Tom said. you look down and said "fine" and whispered under your breath "never said I wanted to be" "excuse me?" he said "nothing" was all you said as you tried walking away. 

a hand grabbed your wrists and you heard "let me bring you back" it was Tom. "no thank you, I will be fine" you tried walking away again but he wouldn't let go. "sykes you're scared, let's go. Lumos" Tom said while letting of my wrists. you had eventually given up and followed him. 

"Riddle? why don't you like being called tom?" I ask. he merely shrugged and continued walking in front of me. 'rude' I thought as I rolled my eyes. after a few minutes, we arrived. as I was about to walk in, riddle grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. "never tell anyone about this and stop hanging out with us. got it?" he demanded. I noticed how close we are and I cleared my throat and said "got it. goodnight riddle." as you moved away from him. He had already disappeared before I looked up again. 

'so annoying'