Hyunjin couldn't quite believe that he had Changbin literally in the palm of his hand. He could just text him. He didn't have to force words out of him. He didn't have to wait for the next opportunity or even wait for Felix. He could just text him!

The thought caused Hyunjin's heart rate to pick up as his gaze fell on the phone in his left hand. He glanced between the device and the green writing, bottom lip between his teeth, chest raising more with each breath. Time seemed to slow as his left thumb reached over his screen to start a new conversation.

Hyunjin almost didn't want it to happen. It felt odd. Unnatural. Being unable to see the object of his communication, unable to hear him. Hyunjin had gotten so used to cold Changbin, the closed-off boy that gave him one sentence that he would live off of and derive meaning from for a whole day. As much as he enjoyed the current relationship he had with Changbin, it just felt odd. Like he shouldn't be this close.

Regardless, his fingers still took over, typing in the number and a generic greeting before hitting send.

The euphoria that ran through Hyunjin's veins at seeing the message turn blue was like nothing he had ever experienced. His gaze fixated on the bottom corner of the screen, licking his lips in anticipation. He stayed there, phone in both hands, leaning over the screen until a loud sound from the kitchen woke him from his daze. He swallowed dryly and tapped back on his conversation with Felix.

The blond had sent him a solid six paragraphs about his plans for the day, which included baking cinnamon rolls, playing video games, and going to the store to find a pegasus costume. It was a beautiful plan in Hyunjin's opinion, and he was getting part of it as cinnamon rolls of his own were in the oven right then.

He could see his mother and Taehyuk bumping into each other as they arranged fruit and sausages on small plates. The day off of work created a giddy atmosphere that made Hyunjin restless. He wanted to relax and be happy too, but there was no way to do that here. He needed to be out of the house, or at least in his room.

It was fine though. He might not have Felix's great plan for the day, but he had Changbin. With luck, he could leave right after lunch and stay all afternoon.
His phone buzzed. The number wasn't saved, but the nickname in the message made it obvious who it was. Hyunjin grinned and changed Changbin's name to something more suitable.

Baby Bin

Hey Jinjin!
How are you???

I'm fine. You?

You don't sound very excited

I'm listening to my mother flirt with her fiance in the kitchen.

Oh
Is that why you texted???

Well, I just got my phone back.

Yay!!!
So can you come over today???

Hopefully. I was gonna ask at breakfast.

You haven't eaten yet??? Minsoo got up at 7 so we ate early

That's crazy! Tell her to sleep in!

I can't force her to sleep!!!

Whatever. What's the plan for today?

We're making Minsoo's Halloween costume!!!

What is it?