☆Chapter 2: Giving It A Chance

Honey wanted to tell him. But she can't, it will make a big mess. Best to gain his trust first. The story Honey is going to say to him didn't end well. It ended up in tragedy.

"You're weird," he said.

"I know I am," she smiled. "It's what keeps me happy, and it's part of my personality."

"I see," Hades coughed as he drank his water.

"You okay?" She asked him. He nodded.

"Yeah, sorry," he groaned. "My wolf, being mean."

"To me," he sighed. "It's fine; I get it. He doesn't like me. But you do right?"

"Maybe," he checked his phone and smiled. "My brother and his wife." He showed her the picture.

"They look happy," she said.

"Yeah," he smiled. "So anything else you want to tell me?"

"I'm not sure," she thought for a moment. For something else to do. "Nope, that's all."

"Okay," he smiled.

"So you're a Beta, that's nice," she said. "I had assumed you would be an Alpha. Since your stronger and the Beta doesn't suit you." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I know, but I was born last so, my brother Kaden is Alpha," he said.

"I know that," she grabbed his hand. "I bet you would've had been a great Alpha."

"Yeah, but I'm good as a Beta," he smiled.

"Uncle Hades!" She looked at the little girl. She ran up to Hades and climbed into his lap. "Look mommy bought me a new bear."

"I see, and where's is your mommy?" Hades asked her.

"There!" She pointed at the woman walking over. "Mommy look, uncle Hades!"

"No need to yell sweetie," Salome said. "Hey, you."

"Hey," Hades got up and kissed his sister's cheek.

"You have pretty long hair," Honey didn't even notice the little girl next to her. She had reached up and was running her hand down her hair.

"Ah, thank you," Honey smiled. Trying not to show her teeth.

"Oh, who's this?" Salome smiled. But she had this defense look. Honey gets it; it's becasue she's a vampire.

"This is Honey," Hades said. "Honey this is Salome my sister and her daughter Imani."

"Hi," Honey extended her hand, she shook it. She still had this defense look. "I mean no harm."

"I know, sorry not me, it's my wolf," she smiled. She looked at his brother. His brother just looked back. Salome gasped and smiled. They were communicating in between them. "Alright, we'll leave you two alone. Come, sweetie, we still have some more shopping to do."

"No, I want to stay with uncle Hades," Imani latched herself to his leg. "Please!"

"She can stay, I'll take care of her," Hades said.

"Alright," Salome smiled. "See you at home then. Behave, sweetie." She kissed her daughter's cheek.

Imani climbed onto the spot next to her. And grabbed her drink and sipped on it.

"Imani," Hades shook his head. "You can't do that."

"It's fine," Honey said. Imani just smiled. "I'll buy another one."

"No, I'll buy it, be back," Hades got up, leaving her alone with Imani. She's not good with kids. Imani set the cup down and looked at her.

"Your uncle girlfriend," she choked on her saliva. A four-year-old asking her that. It's awkward and embarrassing.

"No, we just friends," Honey said.

"Oh," she smiled grabbing the bread that she was eating. She bit the bread, and wrinkle her nose, putting the bread back. "Are you going to be my uncle's girlfriend?"

Hades better hurry up. His niece is asking too many questions. Ones she can't answer. Well, she can, but not truthfully.

"I don't know sweetie," she said. "Your uncles doesn't seem to like me that much."

"But you are pretty," she smiled as she ate Hade's bread, which was sweet. Honey's pastry was dull and boring. Imani was so, how can Honey put it, adorable. She did this weird thing with the bread. Imani would eat only the inside, the fluffy white filling. Then she'll eat the outside. It was cute.

"Are you a vampire?" She asked. Honey looked at her and chuckled.

"What makes you think I am?" Honey asked.

"Your teeth," she got up and faced her, Imani poked her lip. "Teeth."

"Oh," Honey chuckled. "Well yes I am, do I frighten you?"

"No," she giggled.

"Imani, what are you doing?" Hades asked sitting down. He had a cup and a paper plate with what looked like pasta and chicken and bread.

"Teeth uncle," Imani sat down and pulled the plate.

"I see she ate my bread," Hades chuckled holding the empty bread shell. "She does that, eats the inside first then the rest."

"I see," Honey smiled.

They sat there talking and watching Imani eat. She had sauce on her cheeks. All over her adorable little face. Once in a while she used her hands to eat. The fork seemed too hard for her. That at last she just threw it away.

"She's messy," Hades said.

Honey smile. Grabbing a napkin, she wiped her face. She giggled. "So you have no nieces or nephew?" Hades asked.

"No," Honey said. "My sister and brothers don't want kids yet. But I believe one of them is already expecting one. I don't think they have told anyone."

"How can you tell if one is expecting or not?" He asked.

"Heartbeat," Honey said. "We vamps have excellent hearing. And I heard the heartbeat. One person can't have two hearts. Also, the baby grows fast."

"How fast?" Hades asked.

"A human, or your kind, will go 8 to 9 months," Honey said. "We vamp females from 8 to 9 weeks."

"Wow," he smiled. "Know, our females sometimes go nine months or 8 when the human part carries it. When its the wolf carrying it, it's less. Can't estimate, how long but yeah."

"You going to have a baby?" Imani asked her. She just chuckled. Feeling embarrassed. Hades did too.

"No," Honey said. "At least not yet."

Hades looked at her. She smiled. So far so good. They were getting along just fine, except Hade's grumpy wolf but she'll get him.

Hades sighed. He watched Imani and Honey talk. Imani didn't seem bothered by the fact that Honey is a vampire. And that is awesome. 

'You shouldn't let her be near Imani,' Aides said. 'She could end up biting her.'

'Shut up,' Hades said. 'She won't bite her. Stop over exaggerating.'

'Don't say I didn't warn you,' Aides said.

Hades shook his head and blocked him. Aides have been very ignorant since meeting Honey. He should be happy to have their other half at least. But no, Aides is the opposite of happy.

But Hades wants to give this a try. He wants to be happy. And if Honey is the on that was chosen for him, then so be it. He will learn to love her. And so far, he has a slight attraction toward her. He knows it will work out. He has to give it time. In time Aides will learn to love her, as he will learn as well.

---------------
Use your imagination to picture the characters.

:)

☆Comment
☆Follow
☆Vote

☆Saya