The hammock

A year after the end of the war between the galra and Voltron, Pidge and lance began to get closer. They always were close but they managed to get closer after the war they went through together.

One morning Lance headed round to the Holt household and was greeted by Colleen opening the door.
"Good morning Lance.." she hummed, "coming to see Katie?"
"Yep!" Lance said as he yawned.
"She's upstairs in the loft, head on up. There's some iced coffee's in the fridge, the ones you like, feel free to take some up." Colleen said with a smile.
"Thanks Mrs Holt!" Lance said grabbing the iced coffees from the fridge and heading up to the loft.

Lance knocked on the door at the top of the ladder to the loft.
"Come in!" Pidge shouted.
Lance popped open the hatch and climbed up, "one iced coffee for Pidge Gunderson and one cute paladins coming with it."
"Hey lance.." she smiled.

Pidge was sat on the hammock, book in hand, candles lit and blanket over her legs. Lance came over and placed their coffee's on the table beside the hammock and he scooted beside her on the hammock. He looked down at her book and then at her face which was focused and involved with the book. He sighed longing for attention from the shorter paladin. Pidge looked up at him after a few sighs before placing the book mark that Hunk got her for her birthday on the page she was on and returning it to its place on the shelf. She proceeded to lie down on the hammock and lance laid beside her where she placed her head on his chest. The hammock rocked gently as the pair snuggled up and looked out the roof window and onto the horizon of the city before them. Pidge took her glasses off and placed them on the bookshelf. Lance smiled and wrapped his arms around her as the two listened to the playlist lance made for the pair of them, eventually falling asleep in the comfort of each others arms.

The wind sung as the pair snored along to the rhythm of the busy traffic. The sun beamed on their faces as it hit the high point of noon. The clear skies created a beautiful sight which was shared once the two paladins woke up from their nap. Pidge woke first, her face was red however she still buried her head deeper into lances chest. He woke up after a while and kissed her forehead lightly before opening their ice coffees and them both clinking the glass bottle necks against each other before necking the coffee in an instant, racing to see who could finish first. As the skies grew brighter and the sun grew hotter Pidge continued to read her book, this time aloud so lance could listen along. He smiled listening to the passionate reading from the smaller one.

"We're you a theatre kid?" Lance questioned.
"What do you mean?" Pidge asked looking up at the blue paladin.
"You just give off extremely big theatre kid vibes" Lance pointed out.
"I know my fair share of musicals." Pidge said with a smile before getting back to reading the book. As the day began to fade awake the pair headed downstairs as Lance had to go home, Pidge opened the door and let the boy out the door before he snatched a kiss on the cheek and headed home. Pidge felt her face grow red before hearing her brother, father and mother say "ooooooo" from the hallway behind her.
"Shut up!" Pidge said, flustered.
She headed back up to her room and continued reading her book.

Lance got home and flopped onto his bed in his room. His twin sister, Rachel, was laying on her bed playing on her phone and she raised an eyebrow at the actions shown by her brother.
"I haven't seen you like this since A-" Rachel started.
"Don't!" Lance said, "don't mention her, I just had a really good day with pidge."
"I'm glad to hear." Rachel said before throwing a pillow at lance, "lancey's got a crush~"
"Shut up!!" Lance shouted before hiding underneath his bedsheets.