ZERO O' CLOCK | KNJ

Start from the beginning

"No! Never!" She whispers shouts agitatedly.

"See it's like that. Imagine another you. At present, you hate her like that. But it's not permanent. It's just because of that period. Remember after our argument, we apologise to each other, don't we? Then why not do that to yourself. It's okay to feel like that. To want to float in the empty void. But you yourself have to take some steps to come out of that period. External stimulus doesn't really work here.

Try doing things that help you calm down, relax down. Give yourself some comfort. When you feel better, when you're in a better mindset, you'll do better. I'll try to finish my work fast, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to stop by today. So an early good night for today! And remember not to take the frustration out on yourself. Do what makes you happier."

"Thanks, Joon... I'll think over that... Good night ...and sorry for disturbing you!"

She quickly cut off the call as she knew if not, Joon wouldn't have been able to go back to work.

She took a deep breath, trying to stop all those stormy thoughts. Fiddling with her phone she tried to think about something else, something that could make her happy, make her calm. She tried. But the stormy thoughts would overshadow them.

Something that would make me calm, smile.

A light bulb went off in her head. She took out her earphones from her bag.

Scrolling through her playlists, she found the song she wanted.

Zero O' Clock

It was one of her most favourite songs.
The starting beats made her relax. The vocals were so calming. The lyrics were so relatable. So true. She found a sad smile on her lips coming up. But she was feeling better. But she knew the part was gonna make her smile happily, make her feel loved.

Come home and lie in bed
Thinking if it was my fault?
Dizzy night, looking at the clock
Soon it will be midnight
Will something be different?
It won't be something like that
But this day will be over
When the minute and second hands overlap
The world holds its breath for a little while
Zero o'clock

A cute small smile danced on her lips. Her stop was here. She started walking down the night sky full of stars. With the music lacing through her ears, she felt calm, comforted.

This song would always remind her of night. Of course, why won't it? Midnight is the start of a new day, it is zero O'clock.

As she reached the square near her home, she could see the lights of pochas (Pocha is short for pojangmacha (포장마차), which literally means "covered wagon", and refers to a street food vendor.) around. It was peaceful yet homely. The last verse had just finished. She could hear the muffled noises of people around chattering and enjoying themselves.

Suddenly she felt arms around her, someone was back hugging her. But this was a busy area, how would someone dare? As she thought this, her body was already in motion. She quickly elbowed the person and broke free from them. Turning around, she was speechless.

It was ...Namjoon? How? But he had said that he would be late...?

She saw him holding his abdomen where she had elbowed and winced and panicked.

"Sorry, so sorry, really sorry, I-I didn't know it was you!"

She tried to go check where it hurt. But she heard him laugh. A small bit of pain could be traced in the laugh.

"Hey hey, it's okay. It is my fault. I shouldn't have done that. I just wanted to surprise you and make you happy. But really, your self-defence lessons really paid off."

-

After scolding him and giving him medicine, Misun and Namjoon sat in the indoor garden. They lean into each other, sharing the earphones.

"Thanks, Joonie. I should give it some more time. But overall? I feel so much better, all recharged now. I'm happy."

She waited for a response, anything, but he didn't. Confused, she turned around to see at him and saw that he was already asleep. He must have worked so hard to come home fast. She smiled at his cute sleeping expressions, he looked just like Koya.

She whispered good night to the tired and sleepy Joon and made him sleep in a comfortable position, hugging him tight to sleep.

Her phone turned on, on the coffee table nearby.

It was Zero O'Clock.

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

Zero O clock has a special place in my heart. Just like Magic Shop, WABPE, etc. This chapter shows how I usually calm down after the song. Well, sometimes a talk from your loved ones and a few small happy things like your fav song are all it takes to make you feel like yourself.

Also, please when walking down a road at night, remember to be alert! It won't always be someone you know. This was just for story depiction.

If I could hug this song, I would 💜

Hit that tiny star orange if you enjoyed the chapter. ✨

And you're gonna be happy!💜

Stay safe, healthy and hydrated!
And Have a magical day/night!

-Tana