Murphy fell silent for a moment. "I know things didn't go according to plan here, but we're getting a chance to start over. This new compound will be our fresh start. Bellamy will be back before you know it and all will be right in the world."

I shook my head. "I wish I could believe that."

Before Murphy could respond, the door swung open for the second time. This time, it was Emori who appeared in the doorway. "You guys coming?"

Looking to Murphy, I gave him a small nod. Giving me a wide grin, he grabbed my hand and yanked me up from the bed. 

Emori smiled at the two of us as we joined her in the hallway. "You okay?" 

Forcing a smile onto my face, I gave her a small nod. "Just hungry."

As we entered the kitchen, the smell of soup and bread filled my nostrils. I couldn't deny that I was starving. I had skipped far too many meals in the last two days. 

Raven stood by the kitchen island, scooping the soup into bowls while she hummed quietly to herself. 

Upon our arrival, she looked up and let out a sigh. "There you three are."

"Sorry, Rave." I muttered, giving her a small smile as Emori and Murphy took their bowls. "Anything I can help with?"

She nodded. "Here, you can finish dishing up while I cut more bread." Looking to the other two, she tilted her head toward the outside. "The others are sitting outside. Just waiting on a few."

The two of them soon made their leave, leaving Raven and I alone for a moment. Silently, I scooped the soup into the remaining bowls. 

"We're headed back to the compound after this?" I assumed, not looking over at her as she cut the bread. 

"Yeah." She breathed. "Kind of scared to see how things are going."

I let out a small laugh. "Technically, you'd think many hands make light work...but I think we're it's going opposite of that right now."

The sound of the front door opening caused our conversation to fall dormant. I looked up from what I was doing, my eyes landing on Indra who was making her way toward us. 

She gave Raven and I a stiff smile. "Have you seen Gaia?"

"Last I saw she was outside." Raven answered. 

As if on cue, the sound of footsteps creaking against the floorboards filled the house one again. This time it was Gaia, Clarke and Madi making their way toward the kitchen, Picasso the dog close behind. 

I felt myself smile slightly at the look of Madi. It was good to see her back to herself...she looked healthy once again. I knew that removing the Flame from her head had been a risky procedure, but it had been necessary to rid the girl of Sheidheda. 

Picasso bounded toward Raven and I, causing me to let out a laugh as I dropped to my knees to pet her. "Hey, Picasso." I greeted, scrubbing behind her ears. 

"Heda," Indra greeted.

I stood once again, still petting Picasso with a free hand as I passed a bowl to Madi. 

"If you don't mind," Indra started looking toward Madi once again. "You're needed somewhere else."

The young girl's face fell as she set down her bowl of soup, upset that her lunch plans had potentially just been derailed. 

"Where?" Clarke wondered. 

Indra looked to the blonde. "We've been here two days, and Wonkru has yet to see her."