Chapter 1: The Drooped Hawk

"BAAUUUUGGGHHH..."

It was already seven in the morning, but what's with the groans like that?

"Ugh... I'm so bummed out. Bummed that I'm not doing my job again... What have I done?"

Hawkodile had been bummed out since he had tried out his tries with his crush Dr Fox. And what he just did to himself had made him do that.

Of course, it was weird enough for the toughest bodyguard ever in the sunny, happy and colorful Unikingdom, and even if the residents there has been living their lives in the most cheerful place in the whole galaxy, he seemed like he had been dumb to do such a awkward thing like that.

Ever since his incident of "the Crush" where his sparkle matter made him smaller and smaller (literally) and had faked it from admitting his true feelings to the four other fellows in the palace by saying he loved FeeBee the florist, he can't forget what he had done, and now, he acted like he's guilty in the middle of bodyguard training outside the castle's yard.

It was already being passed off since, and months of trial and error on loving her didn't seem to worked out for him.

But he didn't mind as he shook off his feelings aside and breathed hard to calm down, now slapping his face with his right hand.

"Come on, brother! You know you can't complain! You are tough! You are hardcore! And you have people to save!"

He then began to soften himself again. "...as long as I can save Dr Fox from harm..."

He then perked back up again and began to make a few punches on a wooden dummy in a nearby area.

"Ha! Take that! Eat it, you wooden beast!"

He then made a punch here and a punch there, and it was short before the dummy became split firewood.

The hawk/crocodile hybrid then sighed hard to feel that he became confident again, now looking at the horizon of the kingdom below.

Wiping off his sweat afterwards, he then sat down on a wooden log (that was the body of the wooden dummy) and was about to relax his tired muscles, that is...

What's with that daisy next to his feet?

It was there in the soil for a short while, and it seemed to had grown fully for a week before it was pulled out of its habitat and had the leaves removed by gloved hands.

Hawk then began pulling the petals off the flower, saying if he loves his crush or not.

"She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me..."

It was short before he's down to the last three petals.

"...she loves me, she loves me not..."

He then began to feel chilly. The last petal really said what he had felt, and now, it was his chance to do it...

...his shaky right hand now trying to pluck it out...

"HEY, HAWKODILE!"

"WAAAAHH!!"

He then jumped at the surprise greeting that he accidentally plucked the petal off the flower. What in the world really happened?

"What the...? Unikitty!?"

"Good morning, Hawkodile!" The princess seemed like she's happy (as usual) to see him in his training area. "It's such a beautiful morning here, isn't it?"

"Uh, yeah, I think. And what are you doing here?"

"What are you doing, Hawkodile?" Unikitty only replied, her paw pointing to the plucked-out daisy he was holding. "Are you falling in love with FeeBee again?"