Log 9: Kenji

Kenji: (to camera) Hey, world, it's your VIP boy, Kenji.

Darius: (back to camera; rolls eyes) Kenji, food, remember?

Kenji: (to camera) They're just sour because they're not as FABULOUS as I am.

Darius: (groans; glances back at him; hushed) Kenji! You won't have time to be so 'fabulous' if we don't eat soon, or did you forget that we're all starving?! (turns back around; continues on; mentally) Me more than you.

Kenji: (sad expression at camera) You, uh, you alright there, Dino-Nerd?

Darius: (sighs) Just barely holding it together, Kenji. Just like everyone else. 

(On Camera...)

Kenji: (rubs back of neck, nervously) Uh, Dino-Nerd, can I ask you something? It's a little personal. 

Darius: I'd prefer you didn't, but (begins searching through a Main Street store) you're gonna ask me anyway.

Kenji: So, back home...was there a special someone?

Darius: You mean, was I dating anyone? No, after my dad died, I guess I just never thought about it that much. Before, I never needed to. Why?

Kenji: Well, I was wondering...do you think after all this is over that you might be interested?

Darius: In finding someone? I don't know, after a while, maybe? (rummages through fallen and disheveled shelves) What about you, do you have anyone back home?

Kenji: (looks around) Well, I have plenty of, um...exes, I suppose.

Darius: Why exes? (looks through different items)

Kenji: (kneels down, scanning piles) Was never meant to be, I guess.

Darius: (sighs; digging deeper) I don't know why I'm telling you this, I suppose you'll think I'm weird. I've never even had my first kiss.

Kenji: (eyes wide) Wwhaaaaaatttttttt?!

Darius: (purses lips)

Kenji: Darius, I have to tell you something.

Darius: What is it, Kenji?

Kenji: I...I like you, Dino-Nerd, like 'like' you, like you.

Darius: (shocked; stops for a moment) M-m-me...?

Kenji: I know, it was stupid, but--!

Darius: Why, out of all the people in the world would you like ME?!! I mean, why anyone would like you is not difficult for me to see--! I like you...like that, just, why me--!

(Kenji grabs his cheeks and crashes their lips together. Darius, too shocked at the moment, soon gives in to the kiss. They break apart for air and go back to looking for food, both in a blushing daze. The only thing better was when Darius found some granola bars at the snack section...the only thing left. They grabbed them all and raced back to camp with the good news. They all cheered and dined on a couple bites of granola each. They had to ration, they didn't know when they'd find food again. Sammy, not really getting any choice in the matter, finally accepted Yaz and Brooklynn's help. Ben and Brooklynn were getting slightly less awkward around each other, which was good, especially after it was Ben who surprisingly confessed first. For the moment, everything was looking up.)