𝐒 𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

Start from the beginning

The only reason she was here was because she didn't want to seem like a sore loser.

And maybe because she wanted to see him and rely on him to escape the whirlpool her mind had been giving her these past few weeks―but knowing Clementia, she would never admit that even to herself.

She had to tell Cornelia and Charles that Danielle invited her for a week-long vacation at the Lestrange residence, given that Bellatrix wasn't around.

This was the most practical excuse, for they would never be able to catch Danielle to ask her about it personally. That girl was always on the loose, especially during the summertime.

She got up and walked towards the dark wooded closet where the house elves organized her clothes.

"Might as well make myself at home." She sighed, picking out an oversized tee and a pair of tight shorts.

As she got rid of her messed up clothes—ones she wore earlier—the mortification from what she had done kept burdening her.

He planned all of this. I'm sure of it, she pondered, growing enraged—and she wasn't just going to let this slide.

Knock.

The knocks were too gentle and respectful to be Draco. Must be a house elf, Clementia thought. "Come in."

"Mr. Malfoy asks for you to come to the dining room for dinner." She was right.

A plan almost instantly formulated inside her head, a smile forming on her lips.

"Tell him i'm on my way. Thank you."

There was one thing she knew Draco Malfoy wasn't an expert at.

Self control.

-

The two sat in complete silence as they ate, with Draco sitting at the middle seat—where Lucius usually sits—and Clementia seated on the first to his left.

He instructed the elves to prepare a rather extravagant meal, despite the fact that there were only two of them.

Clementia cleared her throat. "Do you want to share why you're alone on such a fine day?" She started.

"My parents are on a vacation," He replied, eyes on his plate. "Nothing special."

"Why didn't you come with them?" She interrogated further, setting down her utensils and slightly tilting her head to the side to focus on his answers.

"Why, would you tag along on a boring couple trip your parents planned out of nowhere?" He says in a lightly tempered voice as he sliced a piece of pork chop with his knife.

"No." Clementia answered enthusiastically. "Not if there was something interesting for me back home."

Draco paused for a while, taking in what she said before placing the slice of pork inside his mouth.

"Is there something interesting for you here, Malfoy?"

"Not that I know of." He reached for the glass of water and took a sip.

He was uninterested in the conversation, and she knew just the solution.

Clementia huffed, pulling her chair away from the table with her hands. This revealed her body, crossing her legs which were barely covered with her choice of clothing.

This finally captured Draco's attention, but looking away after a brief glance.

"I'm sure i'm interesting enough for you to stay home during a family vacation," She leaned her elbow on the table, her chin resting on the palm of her hand. "I bet daddy Malfoy chose a good place."