But the jerk wasn't a complete jerk after all. 

Jungkook placed his sunglasses on her before standing up to get something from the cooler he placed by the kitchen counter. Lisa turned to see what he was getting only to see the guy holding two bottles of banana milk. 

"You know you'll get a stomachache if you drink that before lunch," she warned him. But the guy did not listen to her and instead handed her one. 

"If we do get a stomachache then you can say you told me so."

There's no getting in between this guy and his banana milk, really.

"Hey Manobutt," the jerk called. Of course she shot him a glare. 

"What?"

"Does your ribs still hurt?" he asked before sipping through his straw. 

"Uhh..." Lisa was genuinely surprised at his question. "My ribs are still a bit sore but it's fine."

"That's good to hear..."

And then the silence. It wasn't the good kind, though. 

"O...kay." Lisa shot up and gave the banana milk back to Jungkook. "Enough of this awkward shi--whatever. Why are you really here, Jeon? And don't say you want a tan because I'll really throw myself off this fu--reakin' balcony!"

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook said innocently. But it wasn't convincing enough making Lisa raise an eyebrow. "I really just wanted to ta--"

"I. Swear. Jeon. Jungkook," she warned with gritted teeth. "If you don't tell me the truth, you'll be the one thrown off this balcony!"

Jungkook was about to open his mouth but decided that he loved his life and adored being alive. But can he really tell her the truth?

"What, Jeon? Ready to spill it?"

"Err... I uh... I just wanted to check how you've been holding up," Jungkook answered honestly. He even averted his gaze and rubbed the back of his neck. "With the accident and the whole Sehun thing."

For the second time around, Lisa was genuinely surprised. Jeon Jungkook--the guy who most of her friends' heart got broken by, was worried about her. Wow. That's too much information to absorb in one day. 

"Uh, Manoban? You still here?"

Lisa shook her head and blinked. Then she slowly returned to her seat and laid on the chaise lounge. 

"I mean, why? Why would he even a tad bit concerned if I'm fine or not? We're not even friends or anything. So... why? Is he planning to buy my apartment? Or abduct my cats? No! Not my cats! I'll kill him first--"

"Ya. You're scaring me. Are you malfunctioning or something? What are you mumbling about?"

Still, she didn't answer. She kept on analyzing shit on why the hell was this guy even concerned about her well-being.

"Ya. I just came to check whether you threw yourself off the building. I'm scared of ghosts and since you hate me so much you might haunt me or something."