Maya ran outside to get fresh air. She tried to brush off the anger she had because her strong ass brother snatched her up like he was crazy. She stood there wiping the tears that wouldn't stop flowing. He really hurt her feelings. Like brother and sisters normally did, they got into fights and cussing matches but he never put his hands on her.
"Aye ma, you good?" Erik asked walking up behind her. Maya ignored him.
"I'm just checking before I leave but I'll leave you alone" he fiddled with his keys in his hand as he walked past Maya slightly bumping into her arm and walking to his black Audi.

Back home, Maya took a shower and washed her hair. She was drunk and tired. Julian ended up dropping her off and leaving since he said he had business to handle. That was two hours ago...
Maya climbed out the shower and wrapped herself in her favorite white plush towel letting it hang slightly off her shoulders as she brushed her hair applying Mielle Organics leave in conditioner and Rosemary Mint oil to her scalp. She loved the tingly minty feeling it left on her scalp. She felt clean. After applying her whipped body butter and Native deodorant, she heard a banging on the front door downstairs. She paused for a moment to listen.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Maya jumped up to retrieve the fully loaded glock out of Julian's room. She wasn't allowed in there and she never shot a gun before but Julian had a house key and mom was at work, leaving Maya home alone like always. Maya cocked the gun back and safety off. She slowly walked down the steps as the banging continued.
"Who is it!?" She yelled with her shaky voice. He robe was completely open now exposing her tanned naked skin. She didn't care though, her heart was going a hundred miles an hour about to bust through her chest.
"Who is it!?" She yelled again.
"It's E! Open the fucking door!" He yelled. Maya hesitantly placed her hand on the black door knob and turned it opening the door for Erik. He stood there smiling at her licking his fat lips. He looked her up and down before finally speaking.
"You answer the door like this often? And what's yo lil ass gon do with that gun? You can't shoot shit with that" He laughed. Maya snapped her robe shut and placed the gun on the table by the front door.
"No! I don't answer the door like this. And you scared the shit out of me! I would have shot you nigga! Why are you banging on the door? Julian isn't here"
Erik looked Maya in her hazel green eyes and smiled. Maya blushed and quickly adverted her eyes to the dark hardwood floors beneath her.
"Julian got locked up" he said.
"What!? Here, come in" Maya said stepping out the way to let Erik inside.
Erik stepped inside and took his black letterman jacket off placing it on a coat hook on the wall next to the door. He pulled his pants up and swung his arms.
"We can sit in the living room if you want?" Maya suggested and shrugged her shoulders leading him to the large and comfortable living room. She cut on a small table lamp instead of the chandelier light.
"Julian got locked up how" Maya asked sitting on the white sofa by the fireplace. Erik sat on the edge of the ottoman in front of the sofa looking at Maya.
"He didn't say much but he called me from jail. I guess he had coc....drugs and weapons on him. Since he's on probation, it don't look good for him right now. He'll find out more tomorrow hopefully" Erik said leaning forward and rubbing his hands together licking his lips.
"Wow...my mom is gonna flip the fuck out!" Maya said shaking her head.
"It's cool. I'll let her know what's going on. Don't even worry about it shorty" Erik said getting up and slapping Maya's exposed upper left side thigh meat. Maya was caught off guard but feeling his thick calloused hand touch her naked thigh gave her butterflies. She felt bad for letting her brothers best friend give her these feelings but she couldn't help it...he was fine as hell.
"Um so you and Julian..." she started. Erik was already halfway out the living room headed straight to the front door.
"Me and Julian what?" He turned around to face her.
"I-I didn't know you two were friends"
"Yea...and I didn't know you were his sister. My bad for making a pass at you earlier. Won't happen again" he smiled then turned back around to get his jacket and leave.
Wait. He was making a pass? When? Maya was confused and scatterbrained. She hadn't realized that Erik was ever insinuating that he was interested in her. He did reference her tongue but honestly...Maya was that awkward girl growing up. She was fifty pounds heavier, glasses, acne, nerd. She preferred books over boys and even if she didn't, the boys preferred anything other than her. She got serious about her weight her junior year in high school. She went on a very strict diet and worked out constantly. She dropped down to 120 but hated the way she looked so tried her hardest to gain back some weight and muscle. She was finally satisfied with her body the end of her senior year. Her and the boys who used to make fun of her. Erik was an example of the guys who would harass and make fun of her which is why his advances fell on deaf ears and she was defensive. Maya wasn't used to it.
Maya jumped up and ran to the door swinging it open as Erik attempted to close it. Erik looked at her confused.
"Wussup?" He said popping a piece of gum in his mouth.
"Where are you going?" She asked standing in the doorway doing a shoulder dance attempting to knock her robe off her shoulder so Erik could get a peek again but he only raised an eyebrow at her and stopped chewing.
"Uh..you good? What's that shit you doing?" He asked with a confusing look plastered on his face.

Awkward!

She giggled. "Back itch...sorry"
"Aight. Well I'm going home to play COD and smoke...what are you doing?" He asked like he really didn't care but didn't want her to feel left out.
"I lovvvve COD! I play with Julian sometimes.
"Really?"
"Yea...I'm pretty good too"
"Hm. We should play together some time then. Here I'll text you my name and shit and you can add me" he said pulling his midnight green iPhone 11 Pro Max out unlocking it.
"What's your number?" He asked glancing up at Maya through his long black eyelashes.
Maya gave him her number and he immediately sent his information over.
"Got it" Maya said shaking her phone.
"Cool. What time your moms get off work?"
"Tonight she won't be home till 4am but she's off tomorrow"
"Aight. I'll be back here tomorrow then. Have a good night" he turned around to leave.
"Bye..." Maya said under her breath.