I turn to look at him in slight disbelief. "Maybe in public you are." I tease.

I hear him chuckle softly, his shoes click against the floor. His hand resting on my right thigh, nails digging into my skin. "Better watch yourself, don't wanna be late for dinner," he mutters.

It was tempting I'll admit, his warm breath hit the back of my neck which sent a chill down my spine. "Come on," I say as I turn towards the door and walk away, sashaying my hips in a teasing manner. As I look back I found his eyes were exactly where I predicted they'd be.

"Hello, we're gonna be late if you don't hurry," I say.

He comes out of the daze he was in for that moment and walks over to me. "You're gonna get it when we come back," he says. I smirk at his words as I open the front door.

~Time Skip~

Finally, at my mother's house, Levi and I were sitting beside each other with our hands intertwined under the table. "So what have you two been up to?" my mother asks before taking a bite of her food. Levi and I look at each other before I smile nervously.

"Well..mom, Levi, and I were actually planning on moving," I announce. Everything stopped, there was no more noise of the silverware hitting the plates, just silence. My mother looked at me in shock.

"Oh? Where?" she asks.

Oh shit, I didn't even think of where- "America." I quickly answer.

"America? That's pretty far honey, when do you plan on going?" she asks.

Now, this was the scary part, I didn't know how they'd react. I clear my throat and squeeze Levi's hand. "E-eight days." I tell her. She dropped her spoon, her mouth just slightly open, staring at me in complete shock.

"Eight-day?!" she says.

I quickly nod my head. "I got a job offer and I found out just a couple days ago I-"

"This is all very sudden." she says as she leans back.

"I know, but it's a good job mom. And Levi will be there with me so you don't have to worry-"

"I'm not worried (Y/N). I'm just didn't see this coming, and it's not like we have a whole lot of time left now considering..." she stops and looks down at her plate.

"She's just been caught off guard," Milo says.

That same part of me that would miss my parents felt sorry for them, that they had to hear this. "Look, I wanted to tell you so you don't think I've gone missing again when we go." I tell her.

"You were missing (Y/N) I didn't think anything, you were actually missing. Are you two sure you're ready for that kind of step? What if...what if you two break up?" she asks.

Levi told me what she told him at the get-together. "Katherine, you know I wouldn't do anything like that to your daughter-"

"How do I know? You never know she could be just as bad as me when it comes to choosing her men. And what I mean by that is her father-" Levi stands up making the chair screech against the ground, his expression cold and kind of hurt.

"I'm not anything like her father, and I don't plan on being anything like her father. (Y/N) is free to make her own decisions, and if you have a problem with it, then you can just get the hell over it because what she does and where she goes is not up for you to decide, it's never been. You may be trying to redeem yourself but you don't get to make choices for her. Excuse me." he says, slapping his napkin down on the table he turns and walks away from the table.

I turn ready to run after him. "(Y/N) I-"

"Just stop mom, look I love you and all but Levi is right. You've only been around for a little while, so you don't get to pick and choose who I get to be with. You already tried pushing me with Andrew and looked how that turned out... if anything Levi is the exact opposite of dad and you know it." I tell her.

She sits back in her seat, her bottom lip quivering. "I told you because I didn't want to scare you again. I wasn't asking for your permission." I finish, afterward, I ran after Levi who was standing outside, shutting the door behind me. Walking up behind him I place my hand on his back.

"Sorry, she's just-"

"I promise you this, I won't be like him. I'll prove it in any way I can, your mother can assume all the fuck she wants but her opinions and comments don't matter to me. The only opinions and comments I wanna hear are from you. That's one of my many goals... to make sure that in your eyes, you see a man who loves you... a man who will lay down his life for you. I don't ever want to be compared to your father, I won't have it. Because that man was never a father, just a monster in disguise." he proclaims.

I smiled at his words, as tears built up in my eyes with joy. He turns to me, his face still serious, his hand comes up to my face, his thumb gently caressing my cheek. "And the only tears I ever want to see from you are happy ones. I don't ever want to make you cry for any other reason," he says.

I let out a shaky sigh and nod my head. He's proving himself more and more each day that he was nothing like my father. But tonight he was laying out all he had to say. In my eyes, he was more than a man who loves me and would lay down his life for me. He was beyond that, way beyond that he was an honorable man who devoted his life to the people he loved. In the time I've gotten to know him he's grown into so much more than the grumpy captain I at first didn't like. Perfect couldn't even begin to describe him, that's for sure. 

═════ 🌙 ═════