To Tell Someone?

Ámbar was sitting in the backstage and staring at nothing. She couldn't believe it. Sharon lied to her, Sharon told her that her parents were dead, and she believed her, but somewhere her real parents were living, at least her mum. Her mum, who didn't keep her, who gave her for adoption, who didn't want her. This woman could say anything, she didn't believe that she couldn't keep her. If somebody wanted something, she would fight for the end.

Somebody opened the door and started to speak. "Ámbar, can I ask you a favor?" the kind voice asked her. He hesitated a bit, he didn't know how to ask her. She was the queen of the rink, of the roller, she was beautiful and wonderful. How could she descend from the throne for a simple guy? Finally, he found the words. "So, would you like to sing with me?" he asked with a shy smile on his face.

Ámbar heard the words, heard Simón's happiness but she had no desire for it after what had happened to her. She blinked one and stared at the nothing. She wasn't there only her body, her brain was somewhere else, in the web of lies where she wanted to find the exit.

"One more person is needed for the duel, and I was thinking of you. Luna is going to sing with Matteo," he explained the situation.

He seemed happy, so happy, she couldn't make him sad. He was the one person who cared for her, even though she was only using her instead of Luna. But she couldn't move, she couldn't do anything, she was locked in the lies.

"What do you say?" he asked her.

She blinked some but she didn't turn her head or say anything.

"Ámbar, I know you have heard," he chuckled.

No reaction.

"Okay," he scratched his head and pulled out one of the chairs to sit down, "why aren't you at the party?"

No answer.

Simón became worried. "Ámbar, are you okay?" he asked seriously. The happiness left him when he realized that his friend didn't react to anything. What had happened to her? She was never like this.

Still no reaction, so he also asked the former question aloud.

Finally, Ámbar reacted but she only shook her head many times. After that, she whispered, "I don't know." Her voice was trembling, Simón could hear she has cried before. "I don't know yet," she repeated. "Not yet clear to me."

She couldn't find her way from the web of lies but Simón's worried tone called her back to the ground.

For answering, Simón nodded some, but he didn't understand anything. He knew that Ámbar's life wasn't an easy thing although it was something new to him, she was never like this.

"Okay, good. If you want, I will stay with you," he offered kindly. "Listen, we haven't much time, but I am waiting for you. Perhaps the company helps you," he stated.

"No," Ámbar answered. She didn't want Simón to miss the opportunity of his life because of her. She turned and looked at him. "No, you don't need to worry about me. I will be okay," she responded. "Go," she gestured with her hand, "and I am sorry that I can't help you." She left a sad smile on her face and turned her head. She couldn't look into his eyes and saw his disappointment. That was enough to feel it.

"No problem," he answered, and his lips formed a half-smile. It didn't happen how he wanted. "It isn't a big deal. I want to help you," he stated. For answering Ámbar nodded but she didn't know how he could help her. No one knows what she is feeling now.

"It's not good to keep things to yourself."

Silence on the other side.

"There is a good solution for it, the singing or dancing," he tried to cheer her up. "Or you can tell a friend, for me," he smiled at her kindly.