✨ じゅうろく✨

Beginne am Anfang

It had been a few hours and I still couldn't seem to sleep. The house was still and silent. Guess the three were too tired to do anything. I got out of the comfort of my blankets and made my way to my closet. I opened it and grabbed a random jacket and put on a pair of sneakers. Not forgetting my phone and headphones, I left the house.

I walked along the pathway, spotting a wooden bench a few meters away. I walked closer and saw a person sitting there with a cup of what seemed to be ice cream. I slowed down so that I do t startle the person and sat next to them, making sure o left some personal space. I took out my phone to play some music but the person's voice stopped me.

"Wanna talk about it?"

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and faced the person, getting a good look at their face. It was a guy, his face glowing in the dim streetlight. He was really tall too even though he was seated. His eyes were big and pretty; his lips pink and smeared with a bit of ice cream that he proceeded to lick off. He didn't seem like a threat.

"Sure?"

"Don't worry~ I don't bite. I'm Sungchan by the way. Jung Sungchan." His voice rang through my head. His name sounded familiar but I couldn't bother right now.

"Mmm.." i hummed in acknowledgement, bopping my head slightly. "Just insomnia and a lover's problem."

"Go on." I heard him say, and so I did.

"...and now dear love of my life Zhong Chenle probably hates my creepy-ass." I finished, my eyes focusing on the cement pavement.

"Or maybe he doesn't." I looked at the male. The way he said it sounded like he was so sure instead of a hope-filled sentence.

"I hope he doesn't" I mumbled out, leaning back on the bench. I took out my phone to see the time.

2:00 am it read.

Sungchan was long done with his ice cream and seemed tired. I smiled at his sleepy state. He seemed so invested in my story. And he kept starting at me, his eyes making it seem like he knew something I didn't.

"Sungchan hyung?"

"Uh huh?..." He looked at me, his eyes drooping down.

"Thank you. And you should get home."

"Mmm... I will. After a while."

I chuckled at the way he looked like a drunk boy, his cheeks rosy red and lips a bit pouty.

I got up, stretching myself, to walk back home.

"Jisung."

"What?"

"My name's Park Jisung."

"Well, Park Jisung. Zhong Chenle loves you. Go get some sleep now. And don't worry. I'll make it back home in one piece."

I stood there starring at him for a while after I heard what he said. My heart clenched a bit but I ignored it. I smiled at Sungchan, my stranger therapist, one last time before waking back home.

I decided to take a slightly longer route since I didn't really wanna go back to that closed space just yet.

I didn't see any cars on the road so I just walked somewhat in the middle. I played music this time, my headphones drowning out all the noise around me. I spotted a pebble and let myself kick along the road. It went on for a while before I lost in the lightless night.

I was humming along to the song playing, my walk turning into a skip.

"I will dive into you~ you-u-U-u~ you-U-u-u~~ I will dive into——"

I heard a distant honk, turning towards the source, only to be blinded by the bright lights. Like a dear caught in headlights, I stood there, realizing what was about to happen. I saw a glimpse of the driver, a smile making its way onto my face a second before I felt the force of the car coming in contact of my body.

BAAM

I felt my body get throw a meter away from the car that tried to sever away from me but it was too late. My head hit the black tar road, the impact bound to crack my skull. The entire left side of my body scrapped against the road, getting bruised.

In the midst of all the blood and pain, I saw him run up to me, trying to get me up.

"JISUNG! GET UP! STOP FUXKING SMILING?!!! YOU'RE BLEEDING FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

He had tears streaming down his cheeks, his chest heaving up and down, trying catch his breath. He was screaming his head off, but my brain barely processed anything.

"Mmm... I'm okay Chenle-ya~"

Then everything went dark.

beep. beep. beeeeeeeeeep....

:)💚

:)💚