"You're aware this is a competition, yeah? Do better," is all he says before he strides out of the intern's room and into his, slamming the sleek black door on the way.

Averie had already known she would be done with the first part of the project by the end of the day. She had been working on it for weeks, wanting everything to be perfect down to the last stitch. Averie and Zara had both been designing a piece of every clothing. A complete set including a top, pants, dress, lingerie, and shoes. Draco told them to have a theme and go around it, and Averie had decided on basing everything on the theme of lavender, since it was her favorite color.

They only had to sew together the dress, since it was the easiest to sew as a beginner.

Half an hour after Draco had reprimanded her, she was finally finished with the first part.

She sighed and stood up from her desk, which she had kept very organized in the past week. Walking over to the main room, Averie took note of the sight in front of her. Zara was sitting with Lucas at his desk, both sifting through different fabric samples—all in the same specific shade of pink.

The boy was blushing a little, his cheeks painted a faint pink which seemed to go unnoticed by Zara—but Averie thought it to be cute.

Draco was standing just to the side of his door, but not inside his office. He was talking with Pansy in a hushed manner, but Averie could hear some of the conversation.

"She's insufferable, I should fire her now before she ruins the image of this company—my company," his deep voice echoed.

"But even you must admit, Draco, she hasn't done anything for you to hate her the way you do. Did she do something to you?" Pansy inquired.

Averie knew she was talking about her just by the tone of his voice.

She heard Draco scoff lowly, "It's not a matter of what she's doneI should never have picked her to work under me in the first place."

"Why not?"

"Because out of all of the thousands of applicants that applied, I had to pick hers. And now she's here and I would rather gouge my fucking eyes out than have a conversation with her—she's like wet bread. There's nothing even remotely interesting about her."

Pansy chuckled at that. "That is true."

Averie rolled her eyes and bit her tongue to remind herself not to make herself known. They didn't know one thing about her.

And honestly being called wet bread insulted her.

"Olsen is more talented," he continued. "She finished faster and works better with everyone in the office," his eyes darted to Zara as he spoke of her. "And if Wet bread Wilson doesn't step it up then I already know who is going to win this little competition. And it's only the first of many."

Wet bread Wilsonseriously?

She audibly scoffed, finally stepping out of the room where she had concealed herself for a moment to listen to her boss insultingly gossip about her.

As her heels clicked closer both of their heads turned to meet the intrusion, Draco tauntingly chuckling at her in Pansy's direction.

Rude.

Averie didn't waste time striding over to Lucas's desk instead, pulling up a chair to his other side opposite of Zara.

"Welcome Wilson," he opened the drawers filled with fabric samples, all with different colors, patterns, textures. Averie thought it looked pretty—especially in the way it was organized so neatly by shade. "Feel free to look through. Any specific color you have in mind?"