𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"I told you she was gonna do it

"I told you she was gonna do it." Aisha spoke knowingly as she trailed behind Hawk and Demetri, "It's what she does."

"Yeah, but shes different with us." Hawk said with a eye roll, "We're her best friends."

"So?" Aisha asked with a laugh.

Demetri sighed loudly as he looked down at his phone, "Shes leaving me on delivered, again!"

"How many text have you sent?" Aisha asked him with a hum.

"Eight." Demetri said as Aisha laughed loudly, "Maybe we should go check on her, maybe something happened."

"Nothing happened, she's just ghosting us." Hawk rolled his eyes in disbelief before he frowned, "I don't like this."

"No one likes being ghosted." Aisha shook her head, "What did she say exactly?"

Demetri cleared his throat loudly, "She said, and I quote. 'I've got to go, i'll text you later.' and then left, like so fast."

Aisha shook her head in disbelief, "You two idiots just got played."

"Unbelievable." Hawk rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna text her again." Demetri confirmed as he looked over at Eli who was grabbed a case of alcohol, "I still don't understand how we're gonna buy alcohol."

A near hour passed at the Canyon before bright pink caught Demetris attention. Half of Sadies hair was pulled up, showing off the underside as she hugged the leather jacket close to her. She wore a flowery top that came all the way up to her neck, the dark jeans paired with it, "Told you she wasn't ghosting us."

Hawk looked over quickly. Sadie made eye contact as her eyes blew wide, turning quickly and walking the other day. Demetris face fell as Hawk huffed, "You sure about that?"

Sadie kept her distance, hoping to get the night over and see what Aisha was going to do to Yasmine so she could go home and hide. She sipped at the cherry she put in the coca cola from earlier.

"Well, hello there." Demetri said awkward as he approached with a clear of his throat, "Parched?"

"Hi." Sadie said back as she turned to leave quickly, only coming chest to chest with Hawk.

"Wow, wow, not so fast." he mocked her with a smirk, "Where are you running off too?"

Sadie panicked, "Look, you guys, about earlier. That was stupid-"

"It was not stupid." Demetri shook his head, joining the pair in the close circle, "You running away was stupid."

"We thought you liked us, we were wrong." Hawk spoke, Sadie could see how mad he was while Demetri seemed more upset, "But to run away was a pussy move. At least be up front with it."

His glare was hard as Sadie frowned, feeling weak by the way he stared at her.

Her eyes flickered over to a empty log, grabbing the two of them by the arm and pulling them over to it. The fire kept them warm when they sat down, Sadie made sure to be between them as she sighed. A moment of silence passed, "I'm sorry for leaving you guys."