“Bella” I called her, standing by the side of the bed.

“Please don’t leave me alone.. Please…” Bella kept saying that. I was so ready to go beside her, hug her tightly and make her wake up from the bad dream, but.. I can’t touch her..

I switched on the bedside lamp, and yelled her name again, “Bella!!”

This time around, she jerked up, shooting her eyes open, “What?”

She looked disoriented and searched everywhere for something. As soon as her eyes met mine, she gasped, cringing away to the other side of the bed.

It hurt..

It hurt like hell

I stepped away from the bed quickly..

“I.. You were having a bad dream again..” I spoke, trying to choke away the hurt.

“What?” She was still confused.

“You were crying in your sleep..” I said while walking towards the bedside table and pouring her a glass of water from the jug.

“Oh..” She finally realized and was at ease, “Did I wake you up?”

I stared at her. Was she concerned about me?
“No.. no.. Are you alright?”

I offered her the glass of water; waiting for her to take it. She stared at it, her eyes all teary from the stupid dream. That stupid dream, I wonder what it’s about? Hurting my poor Bella like that..She slowly came forward, staring at me while doing so… She was about to reach out to take the glass from my hand when I abruptly placed it over the bed side table.

We exchanged glances after that and I’m sure she understood my discomfort as I had understood her’s. She is still afraid of me. Afraid of the monster within me. Maybe she just wants to be alone now..

“It was just a bad dream” She replied when I finally looked away from her.

“So you are okay now?” I asked, not meaning to show much concern.

She nodded taking the glass and drinking from it.

“Does this happen often?” I asked.

“Sometimes” She replied softly. She looked so broken. God, what have I made her into?!!

“You should go back to sleep” I said sternly while switching off the light, “Don’t worry, I’ll be out”