Chapter 36

Peter was still trying to wake up Tony when he heard a metallic clang behind him. Turning around, he saw Steve...holding Mjolnir. What a sight.

With a gasp, Tony sat up.

"Mr. Stark!" Peter said, sighing with relief. "I thought you were out good."

Tony sat up and gripped Peter's hand reassuringly. "No, I'm fine kid," he said. He looked towards Steve. "Is Cap...holding Mjolnir?"

"Yep," Peter said, at a loss for words. 

They sat in silence, staring at Steve has he kept fighting Thanos. Tony still needed to recover from the blow he'd taken, and Peter was going to sit there until he fully recovered.

"Did the Snap work?" Peter asked. "Where is everyone?"

"Well, we left the Guardians and your dad on Titan," Tony said. "And everyone else in Wakanda. It might take some time for them to come to their senses."

Peter just nodded. As he looked back towards the battlefield, he suddenly realized that a full army had assembled on Thanos' side. There were way too many soldiers and aliens to count.

They were screwed.

Tony opened his mouth to say something, but something caught his eye, and he looked behind Peter.

A portal had opened.

Meaning Wong and the other sorcerers were here to help.

Or Stephen was back.

Happiness and awe filled Peter as he watched the unfolding scene. Through the portal that had just opened, he saw T'Challa, the Black Panther, and two other people. Tony had told him about all the other dusted Avengers, so now he knew who everyone was. 

Behind them, he could see an entire army. The whole Wakandan army was back, ready to fight. Flying over them was Sam Wilson, the Falcon. As he flew through, dozens more portals started opening. Through one of them, he saw Quill, Mantis, Drax, and Stephen.

They were back.

But that wasn't all.

Peter watched with pride swelling in his chest as even more people showed up. The remaining Asgardians, the other sorcerers, Ravagers-all of them were here. 

He could see Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier, Wanda Maximoff, the Wasp, Groot, another one of the Guardians, and, surprisingly, Pepper, in her own version of the Iron Man suit. She smiled at Tony and Peter.

Just when he thought it couldn't get better, something erupted from the rubble of the Compound. It was Scott, only, instead of getting smaller like he usually did, he had grown to a giant size. In his hand, Peter saw Bruce, Rocket, and Rhodes, which was a relief. Now he knew that every Avenger he had been with in the Compound was okay (Clint was standing with Wanda, and Nebula was there, looking shaken but okay).

"AVENGERS!" Steve yelled, summoning Mjolnir.  "Assemble."

Both sides yelled as they ran towards the opposing army. On their side, Peter saw most everyone running, and some flying. He decided to put his swinging to use.

Using Scott as something to swing from (he was so huge, he could do that easily), he swung up and above the battlefield, watching the two sides collide and merge as the battle began.

The next few minutes were something like an assembly line. Peter, still swinging, webbed Outriders to the ground, and whoever followed would end them. On and on this went, until Peter had to stop swinging when his web broke. He fell to the ground, almost being trampled by the people running around.