Part 2

Requested by prayformamaswift3

Hailey gets sick and Jay takes care of her. Pure fluff. Established Upstead.

Hailey's POV:

It's about halfway through the day and the entire team is in the bullpen doing paperwork. I've felt a headache building since this morning and have been ignoring it all day, but it keeps getting worse. Eventually I get up and go to my locker hoping to find some Tylenol in there. I see a bottle sitting on the top shelf and take two out, swallowing them dry. I sit down on the bench to wait for a few minutes for it to kick in.

"Are you okay?" I hear from behind me, and I startle slightly, not realizing that Jay had followed me to the locker room.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I say turning around to look at him, squinting because of the bright lights.

"Then why are you squinting? Do you have a headache?" He walks over and sits down next to me.

"It's fine, I get headaches all the time, I just needed a break from paperwork for a minute." I stand up and instantly regret it as I get a sudden rush to my head. I stumble, dizzy, and Jay catches me as my legs buckle.

"Yeah, you seem just fine," he chuckles. I groan in response, burying my head in his shoulder because the light is still bothering me.

"Hailey, you're dizzy and sensitive to light. Sounds like you have a migraine, you need to go home and sleep." I don't respond, instead I wrap my arms around his torso and pull his closer to me. I feel him wrap his arms around my waist and kiss me softly on the top of my head. We sit for a few minutes, him stroking my hair gently before he pulls away from me.

"I'll go tell Voight and drive you home, okay?" I nod, standing up slowly to go grab my coat from the back of my chair. I also grab Jay's while he talks to Voight. He exits the office after a minute.

"Let's go."

He grabs my hand and holds it as we walk to his truck. The ride to my apartment is silent as my head is still pounding. I almost fall asleep but jolt myself awake as we pull up outside my building. Jay parks and hops out of the truck. I shoot him and look and he laughs.

"I asked Voight for the rest of the day off. We were just doing paperwork and I want to be here to take care of you." He shuts his door and walks around to open mine. I smile to myself, wondering how I got so lucky. He opens my door and holds out his hand for me to take, which I do.

Jay senses that I don't feel well enough to walk up the stairs so we take the elevator instead. It only takes a minute at most but I feel exhausted by the time we reach my floor. I lean into Jay's side as we walk down the hall.

"Tired?" He asks. I can only nod, not feeling like speaking. We finally reach my door and I open it, making a beeline for my bed. I throw my shoes and coat off on my way and Jay picks them up as he follows me. I flop onto the bed and Jay pulls the covers overtop of me, tucking me in.

"Just try to sleep," his whispers, kissing me on my forehead. He gets up to leave but I grab his arm.

"Stay." I say. He smiles and sits down on the edge of the bed next to me. I drift off to sleep while he tenderly brushed my hair out of my face.

...

I wake up a few hours later and Jay's gone. I sit up, realizing quickly that my head is still pounding. I glance at my nightstand and notice that Jay left Tylenol and a glass of water. I take the Tylenol and chug the glass of water, then I stand up slowly. I walk across my room and open my door, expecting Jay to be there. Instead, the apartment is dead silent and all the blinds are closed to keep it dark. I smile, realizing that Jay did this to help with my migraine. I flick on the kitchen lights to make sure I don't bump into anything. That's when I see the note on the counter. Getting nervous, I walk over, expecting the worst.

Hailey, it reads, sorry I had to leave. We caught a case so I went back to the district to help. I left Tylenol and water next to your bed. I would've made you some food but I can't cook anything besides toast. Get some rest and feel better, I'll see you later. Love you. - Jay.

The worry leaves me instantly and I again smile widely. I can't believe how lucky I got with him.

I hope y'all enjoyed it. Sorry it's so short this is the first thing I've written in months so hopefully it's good. Remember to request ideas on the first page of the story.