17 But You're Not Him

Start from the beginning

That time I hear the door being opened harshly.

"Rat! why do you make so much noise??!"

Zhuo Cheng stands at his room doorway, rubbing his eyes.

"Eh? Who's that? Your new friend?" he asks and walking to the couch where I and Yibo are sitting.

"Mother fucker!!" he shouts and jumps backward once he come close to us. His doe eyes rounded, looking at Yibo.

"Zhan! How come he has the blonde hair now? When did he dye his hair and having a haircut?"cries Zhuo Cheng. He comes closer to Yibo again anf plays with his hair.

Yibo glares at him, being unhappy that someone, stranger playing woth his asset. Zhuo Cheng grinned awfully, then he retrieves his hand and prop it on the couch's headrest.

I don't give him any responses. I look away from both of them, feel don't want to see any of them.

"Zhan Ge...." I hear Yibo calling me with a smal voice.

"Get out. Get home...." I mumble the words.

I feel jye touches my hand and caresses it. I close my eyes. Something strange creeps up in my chest. But, no! It's not the same. He's not Wangji. He's Wang Yibo.

I hear the sound of him getting up from the couch. I have no idea what Zhuo Cheng doing right now. I don't hear him make a sound. I don't want to turn my gaze, either. I dart my eyes at the window which playing with the curtain that blown by the breeze.

I hear a sound door being opened and shut. I close my eyes again. If the situation is different, I might just laugh at Yibo's proposal for I know that I have Wangji and he oys always around. But now, I don't even know where he is when my heart aches from missing him so badly. He used to follow me around the whole day and come in the night to flirt woth me, and now he's nowhere to be found, it makes me miserable.

I feel someone is slamming on the couch.

"Zhan! Who is he? Why there is another version of Lan Wangji around you again?" Zhuo Cheng asks me,never gives me a chance to take a relief first after I hurtfully chase Yibo away who seems riding his bike for the rest of the night only to get here.

"I'm going to bath. Are you going to school?" I turn to Zhuo Cheng without answering his question.

"It's only 11, ma? Our class is at 2.30...,!" Scowls Zhuo Cheng.

"I want yo go early....!" I reply, getting up from the couch.

"You go by bus, uh?" Says he.

"No problem!"

I go to my room to wash up and get ready to to Campus.

Honestly, I don't want to interact with anyone today before I know Wangji's whereabouts and his condition. I miss him. I'm so worry when I saw him last night looks like dying if only he is a human. His pale skin was getting paler with the pale lips, as well. What's going on? Previously, my life was so fun enjoying my youth. I shouldn't go to that haunted mansion on the first place. I should just decline Zhuo Cheng's idea. It was just all about our YT channel's content. And it's been a week after our last video in the abandoned storage house, we haven't done the research or uploaded any videos on our channel.

I jump off of the bus and walk into the Campus area. I only give a nod to the Guard who always greet me or I greeted whenever I come to Campus. I don't feel want to talk at all. I just want to find Wangji. And now I'm walking to the building where I'm sure I can find him.

The library seems empty. There are only a few students who sitting on the tables inside the library. And I feel here is quieter than usual. Maybe it's the feel that brought by my longing toward Wangji.

I take a seat in the furthest table in of the library. The corner that seems a little bit dim. The bright light in here was unable to touch that part wholefully. I don't mind. I'm not going to read any books here, anyway. I just want to wait for Wangji to come to me.

I touch the mark made by Wangji on my upper arm. I can feel it. But heyy.... Why is it a little fade? I remember it was blood red in color, but now it's lighter. I crease my brows in question.

And when I'm wondering what happened to the mark, I feel someone is sitting on the seat in front of me. Excitedly, I snap my gaze to the seat, guessing that is Wangji. But the bright smile on my fave fades when I see there is no Lan Wangji, but a man in a black ancient hanfu. He's smiling at me. No! He's smirking.

"Who are you?" I ask him.

I look around. I know, there would be no other people able to see him. He gives the mystically vibe around this corner. I can feel it. I don't know why I can feel them around ever since.

"My name is Xue Yang. I'm here to bring Lan Wangji back to the Immortality....!' he answers me.

"NO!!!"

I scream without my own concern in this to be-quiet -required room.

"Student! If you're gonna disturb others, please leave!"

I hear the librarian scolding me. I don't answer. I just lower my head after send a cold glare at the man in front of me who smirking mockingly at me for being scolded because of him.