Chapter 27

Riven's pov

"What the hell?" I asked him,both Ella and me shocked from seeing Dane in the greenhouse and a passed out Beatrix on a table.More specific,a paralyzed Beatrix from what Ella told me."You must be fucking kidding me" Ella said also anumused to what we thought was a burned one inside the room.

"I found her like this.Some type of paralysation thing but I don't know what to do" Dane came to us scared as hell.I couldn't believe he was helping her after everything she did."Well that sucks for her.Let's go" I said grabbing Ella's arm and started walking but Dane tried to stop me."If you don't wanna help her do this for me" only a chuckle came out of my mouth after hearing him.He was a friend,but that was all.I wouldn't mess with something like that for anyone except Sky.At least that's what I thought until now.

"If you really wanna know,she suggested to shove you in the trap" Ella now came closer to Dane,admitting they pushed her in the trap.Something I was sure Dane woulnd't take that nicely."You're lying,she'd never do that" Dane yelled and came towards her.he grabbed both her arms with his hands and he became  more angry."HEY" I tried to separate him,but Ella was faster.Dane was pushed away from a strong invisible push,while Ella didn't even move her hands.

I looked at her seeing her eyes total black again.I immediately realised what had happened.New magic she discovered.And I was sure this wasn't some type of harmless one.That books Beatrix gave her contained dangerous magic,especially for someone that wanted to know everything,like Ella.

"Don't fucking push me like that again" She finally said,her eyes going back to normal.She seemed to realise what she done before she spoke again."She's just asleep" Dane started to calm down after that info."If you want her to wake up take her to Dowling" Ella said again making him mad again.

"That ain't happening" he replied and turned his attention to me."She cares about you,and I know you care about her" he said referring to Beatrix.Without realising,the first thing I did was to look at Ella's reaction to that.She looked away, with an emotionles face."Stop pretending you don't" he finised his sentence.I opened my mouth to reply but Ella did first.

"You know what,I ain't risking my life for Beatrix" she said almost laughing with a sarcastic tone."If you want to,have some fun while you're at it" after that,she made her way towards the door,me walking behind her trying to stop her."Ella wait" but I didn't,she walked away in the dark  alone.I went towards the door ready to follow her,when Dane grabbed my arm."Please" he pleaded with a sad look on his face.

I stood there,debating in my head if I should follow her or not.My feelings were so mixed at that moment,after the kiss.It made everything more complicated.In fact,I haven't been so confused about my feelings before.They were strong,but I couldn't recognise what they were yet.Normally I wouldn't help Dane,neither Beatrix.She should thought about the trap before deciding to kill Callum.I didn't care about her,not at all.We had some fun but nothing more than that.She was just the only person that I thought liked me for who I was,turned out she was using everyone.

Ella on the other hand,was a whole category on her own.Once she was fun,not caring about a single thing in the world,making me feel like I had someone who understood me and went with my vibe,then she was being mysterious and held secrets from everyone,with a behaviour that you couldn't read.That's what I did too,hiding my feelings from everyone.Only beeing the troublemaker making everyone believe that the only thing I wanted was to cause chaos and smoke.But that's what I wanted,passing out the tough persona so people wouldn't question how I felt.And I couldn't let anyone mess with my head,especially Ella,because she could.I didn't know if she knew,but I caught myself numerous times opening up when I was with her.

I couldn't do that,letting her in,noone was in there.I had to distract myself from what I felt like I always did and turn my attention to something else.Something that wouldn't question me,because they would think they knew who I was.The bad boy specialist who liked to get high.That wasn't even the half of my story.But I had to to do this,so there wasn't any other choice than to stay there and help Beatrix wake up.After that I would go in my room to think all night and finally leave my feelings out,where noone would face them.But for now,I needed distraction,and they seemed to  one.

Ella's pov

I didn't know where I was going,my feet just kept walking while my head was blured from anger and confussion.What happened the past hour,was more than I could handle.At that point I thought that leaving the greenhouse was the right thing.I realised I was outside the castle walking until I saw a few people out too.I stopped and tried to see what was happening.They were specialists,facing the center of the garden and whispering.

I looked towrads the direction they were looking,seeing Dowling with Silva infront of some dead bodies.I couldn't understand if they were people or not,their faces were burned.I went closer trying to hear what theese two said.They didn't look happy,but neither sad.I hoped that they killed the burned ones,but their expressions were unredable at the moment.

"Bloom transformed Saul" Dowling said leaving me with my mouth open."She stayed one hour with Rosalind and discovered ancient magic we thought was lost" she added making me more interested in the situation,I walked more closer."Was Ella with her?" Silva asked Dowling.I turned my head trying to understand if I heard right or it was just my head."Fortunately no.But we must keep her away from Rosalind" and turns out I wasn't wrong,they were talking about me.

"We had a fight earlier,I don't know where she went" Silva said kinda stressed about me.I felt sad with the way I talked to him.Maybe I wasn't ready to go out there."I don't know what we'll do if these two meet" Farah became more anxious too,a hand went through her head,I started getting mad,again."She needs to know Farah" Saul raised his tone and I decided it was time to involve myself in the conversation.

"I need to know what?" I said walking towards them.They both flinched when they heard me and shared a look before turning to face me."You've been spying on us?" Dowling said mad,but I was not having it."Oh don't mess with me,I heard you.You've been lying to me" I raised my voice without wanting too,but at that time I was beyond than just mad.

"I suggest you calm down" Silva came closer to me,trying to prevent both of us from fighting,but Dowling still had that serious face looking like she didn't care at all

"I suggest you calm down" Silva came closer to me,trying to prevent both of us from fighting,but Dowling still had that serious face looking like she didn't care at all."How I am supposed to be calm when I learn that you lied to me?" I replied to Silva  without looking away from Dowling,I wasn't going away until they told me the fucking truth.

"We are not lying to you Ella" Dowling finally spoke but I couldn't believe her anymore.Silva moved my head,making me look at him."I promise to tell you everything.Just go and rest and come find us tomorrow" he said,I calmed down a bit,but waiting for Dowling to say something so I could tell he was being honest with me."Listen to him" she looked at me with a comforting look.

"Have a good night" and that was a signal for me to go,so they could take care of the bodies.I hoped they were being honest this time,and that tomorrow I would finally know what I actually am.I needed to believe them,because I didn't trust Rosalind.She was my last option after hearing that her and Beatrix were in the same plan.I sighed and gave a last look to them,before starting to walk to my dorm.