𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 ➪ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚢'𝚜

Start from the beginning

After an entire hour of boring walking, we finally made it to a large clearing in the forest. Red and brown leaves were scattered along the floor around us, since it was almost the beginning of autumn, and a large oak tree stood proudly in the middle of it. The air was humid, however it was beginning to cool down.

"We're waiting for them here," my dad announced, "they shouldn't be too long."

I looked up at the large tree above us, branches spread in all directions. You could see the colour of the leaves changing throughout. The wind was mild. The sun was still out and the squirrels were jumping across the branches aimlessly, carrying as much food as they could. I smirked as I peered up at Cedric and he had the exact same look on his face.

Sometimes it scared me how similar we can be.

"We're gunna climb the tree dad," Cedric grinned and we both ran over to the tree, beginning to clamber our way to the top of it.

It took us a while to get up there, but when we did, we sat down on the thickest branch, dangling our feet off the edge. Cedric and I talked and laughed while we waited for the Weasley's. My brother and I were quite close. We haven't always been, but ever since our mum got put in hospital we've needed to be there for each other. We love each other a lot, in a sibling way of course.

"Arthur!" Our dad beamed, standing up from the ground. He had been sat on the ground beside the tree while we waited, fiddling with good pocket watch.

"The Weasley's are here," I muttered over at Cedric as a large group of people started making their way towards us. I was about to get down but my brother stopped me.

"Wait," he put his arm in front of me, stopping me from jumping down, "not yet."

I knew what he was planning and it made me smirk as we looked down at them from the tree. "It's about time son," my dad sighed as they approached one another.

"Sorry Amos," the tall ginger man apologised, "some of us had a bit of a sleepy start."

He looked back at one of his kids, Ron, who was in my year at school, was yawning like crazy and looked very tired. Next to him was a tall-ish raven haired boy with round glasses. I knew he wasn't a Weasley, since it was kind of obvious and he had fluffy black hair that looked rather overgrown. He reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite put my finger in it. I couldn't see him that well from here but he was rather handsome.

There were three other kids who looked to belong to Arthur Weasley. A set of twins o new to be Fred and George Weasley, and a young girl, I knew to be Ginny Weasley, in year below me. The last person was a girl with curly, light brown hair. I knew she wasn't a Weasley, but I recognised her from a few of my classes.

"It's alright Arthur, kids are kids right," my dad sighed.

He's talking about me.
I rolled my eyes. I just like to sleep in okay, is that a problem?

"Indeed, this is Amos Diggory everyone," Mr Weasley introduced my dad to his kids, "works with me at the Ministry."

"Now," Cedric whispered and we both jumped down at the same time, landing on our feet in front of Arthur Weasley, causing many of the other kids to jump a little.

"And you strapping young man must be Cedric am I right?" Mr Weasley shook my brothers hand.

"Yes sir."

He then turned to me with a smile, "And you gorgeous young lady must be Charlotte ."

"I am," I smiled and shook his hand, "but everyone calls me Cherry."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Cherry."

"This way," my brother said, pointing in the direction of the forest. And within seconds, we all began to move again. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the two girls look over at my brother then at each other and smile, blushing. I honestly wanted to throw up. I now recognised the curly haired girl more up close. Her name was Hermione Granger. She was a Muggleborn Gryffindor in my year. She was in a lot of my classes including my Muggle Studies class last year, however I believe she dropped out at the end of the year.