"Gettin' there" I wink at him with a closed lipped smile. He rolls his eyes and goes back to cooking.

"Your recent mystery series is finishing up soon, right?" He asks, seemingly out of the blue.

"Yeah, why?"

"Did the sister do it?"

"You want me to spoil a masterpiece that I've been painstakingly crafting for two years?"

"Yes."

"I'm not going to tell you." Truth is, I set up the previous book so that I could easily make any of the characters the murderer. The sister is the one that I was leaning toward making the villain, but now I'm thinking it might be too obvious.

"Just a little hint?"

"Nope" I pop the 'p' on the word. Bakugo scowls but doesn't press the topic further. "What do you do for fun? Besides read, obviously"

"What?" He looks confused as he seasons some chicken and puts rice in the rice cooker.

"You know. Fun. After work hours when you're winding down for the night. Hanging out with friends? Video games? Drugs?"

"I'm a pro hero. Why would I mess that up with drugs?"

"It's called a joke. Come on. What's your thing?"

He just shrugs.

"You don't just work all the time, right?"

"I'll go to a bar with some friends when they ask, I guess."

When he doesn't continue, I pull my eyebrows together. "That can't be it."

"Well, you already know I read." He shrugs again.

"That's it. We're having a crafting day. You're going to find another hobby." I jump off the stool and go to a secret closet at the bottom of the stairs. When the panel pops open, several spools of yarn and a couple bolts of fabric come flying out at me. It's fine but I don't see the box on the top shelf falling and it hits my head, knocking me on my ass. It's not a heavy box, it just surprises me.

"Oi!" Bakugo yells, and rushes over, grabbing my arm and pulling me up from the pile of various crafting supplies.

"I'm fine. This happens a lot." I shrug my arm from his grip and make sure the bandage on my leg is still in place before I start to dig through all the options.

"I'm not fucking crafting." He grumbles, heading back to the food. I ignore him and keep collecting things, laying it all out on the dinning room table.

"Oh come on! It'll be fun!" I poke his side as he walks away. It smells delicious and I ignore his wishes by picking out four different crafts. The temptation to teach him how to knit crosses my mind. I'm already giggling at the image of him scowling over a pair of needles and angrily manipulating the yarn.

"Whatever you're cackling about over there, you better get it out of your head. It's not happening." He calls from the kitchen.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I feign innocence, stifling my laughter.

"Sure you fucking don't." He grumbles, bringing amazing looking food to the table as I bring the last of my options for crafts to the other side.

"We're not fucking doing any of that shit" He side eyes my haul while he shovels food into his mouth aggressively.

"I don't know if I've ever seen someone eat angrily." I tease, taking the first bite of my food. I let out a content sigh. "Alright. This is better than take out."