Chapter 8: Trusting your team

Start from the beginning

Deep in the forest of Zlatan, there is a secret lair inside, but it's so blended in that no one even noticed it.

Inside the lair, five people took a short break from the fight they started and ended. Only the silver-haired guy didn't take a break, but he is planning something.

The others understand, since he is the leader after all, and they do not know what to do rather than replay what they did just now and what will happen if they reacted differently.

But only one of them was not thinking of what happened earlier, but the past. And that one of them is the girl with brown hair tied up, wears a mask, and has eight mechanical limbs behind his back, each tip shinning a radioactive green.

🧊

A long time ago, this brown-haired girl has a little brother who is so interested in technology, that he tried to invent his very own.

His sister, who works for the Venom squad, beamed proudly at him, even she can't do it. At that time, where the Venom squad never existed, was peaceful.

Both of them lived in the village of the Scarlet Shadow, in the Land of Dawn obviously.

Her name is Hanabi, she had a brother named Hanataro. He finally succeeded in inventing his very own gadget, which was a watch which special abilities in it.

Hanabi's brother became interested in technology after he visited The city of Zlatan, where he learned a little bit about gadgets too.

Time passed, and Hanataro went missing.

Hanabi tried to find him, all over the place, but she can't, he's lost. Presumed dead. She never visited Zlatan after that, because that place reminds her of her brother... That's right!

Since that is the place Hanataro loved, he must be there! Hanabi set off to Zlatan once again, entering the portal, in hope to find Hanataro. She found him but didn't recognize him at first. He is no longer the brother she knew. He combined himself with parts of robots and became the most terrifying cyborg everyone has ever seen. And he is gonna destroy the city he loves, who knows why.

And he will kill anyone in his way, including Hanabi herself. She wondered why and what made him do this, then the Saber squad came and tried to stop him too.

But they can't do it, he's just too strong.

That's when an explosion knocked Hanabi off her feet, she got up and realized her brother is gone. What was left of him were some of the parts of his body.

The explosion that the Saber squad set off, killed the only family that Hanabi ever had, and it almost killed her too. What was left of her was the vow that she will destroy Saber once and for all. But as she tried, she got knocked unconscious.

Hanabi woke up and saw she was on a rooftop of who knows where. But she saw someone in front of her, someone who will help avenge her brother's death.

He has silver hair and a scorpion's tail behind his suit, which will sting. His suit is a color of black, green, and purple, and his eyes are purple.

Here we go, another purple-eyed bastard.

He calls himself Gusion, and he will help her destroy Saber.

That's when Hanabi decided to take him in, (or he took her in instead,) and Gusion gave her some spider limbs that are also black, green, and purple in color.

She became the Venom Nephalia of the group, sneaky and fast, plus, the mechanical limbs helped her a lot. And because she's a ninja.

From that day on, Hanabi and her teammates watched the Saber squad in the shadows, ready to get back what they took from them.

🧊

"That was really dangerous of you," Angela told Harley who was slumped on his chair.

"I was so close." he sighed with frustration.

"You tried," said Hanabi. "but not today."

"Harley, you shouldn't do that," Grock reprimanded him. "you could have gotten hurt."

"And all these times, I'm still treated like a little kid!" Harley groaned.

Hanabi shot him a withering look. "You are a kid."

Harley let out a sigh of frustration and pouted. "So what if I am?"

"Enough you guys, we are a team, and we should trust each other to work out properly," said Gusion, slumped on an armchair. "Got that, team?"

"I suppose Gusion is right... for once," Hanabi mumbled.

Everyone roared with laughter and Gusion scowled, but then he started to laugh along with his team too. It doesn't matter if they laughed because of him, all that matters is that they were finally one team united.

🧊

The kids were once again in a meeting room, this time, they are all shaken up by the fight just now.  Even though none of the kids interfered or helped. They sat together on the wide sofa, lost in a trance on the battle earlier.

The Saber squad (minus Johnson) slowly entered the room and sat on the opposite sofa, their armor gone.

"Come on cap, we need their help," Cyclops pressed.

"They are still kids," Saber groaned.

"Saber's right," said Rafaela.

"Why won't you guys trust me?" Cyclops shot back. "It's what the team motto is, 'we trust each other, that's what makes us a solid team'. But we can't be a solid team when you guys don't trust me."

The saber squad (minus cyclops) exchanged worried looks before Saber cleared his throat and got up.

"Okay, we will give them a chance, sorry Cyc," he said.

"No hard feelings," Cyclops smiled.

Saber spun to the seated kids. "So tell me, what do you want to know?"