Chapter 1 - Prologue

Somewhere in Marseille...

It was a calm day in the city of Marseille -in France-, the seagulls were cawing... when suddenly out of a building; a man wearing a helmet suddenly broke through the glass windows of a building riding a dirt bike.

Followed by a group of other men who wore... skating equipment?

The man then grabbed the fire hose before proceeding to use it as a grapple hook. The group of other men looked down the side and found the said man stealing a bicycle from a group of boys presumably in college, before riding away.

The skaters skated down a stairway before hooking up with two motorcycles which were on their side.

Ahead of them, there was traffic on the small one lane road, where the man who had stolen a bicycle was located, he started to go over the cars' roof before going out of control down the sloped road.

He realized he didn't have breaks which made him crash into the water but not before he grabbed onto the cargo of a small crane which was able to prevent him from going into the water along with the bike.

He tried to steal a skate board but... the kids had some uh... toy guns which made him run away from them on foot.

The helmet wearing man ducked between a white car and a black Porsche. He removed his helmet revealing his black hair... He then noticed that the car he was hiding behind -leaning on- was a taxi, due to the letters "Taxis De Marseille" on its side.

The driver of the said taxi looked out of the window -which was rolled down for air reasons and to conserve gasoline- while eating a sandwich he was about to finish

"Are you free?" Asked the man to the driver of the taxi in French

"My lord's offer is tempting but my heart's already taken." Replied the driver in his native language

The man took a bundle of dollars from his jacket's pocket and showed it to the driver, "But maybe I can amend that?"

"Ah... my lord is targeting my feelings" The driver mused with a slight chuckle as he took the bundle of dollars, "Who must I kill at this rate?" He asked

"Nobody, but I must get to the airport. You think it's possible in 20 minutes?"

"20 minutes? Leaves me enough time to finish my sandwich. Get on board." The driver said as the man gratefully nodded and got into the back seat of the Taxi, taking note of the skaters who were looking for him in the cars.

The man also took note of the driver's name; Daniel; from the license paper literally PASTED on the dashboard of the car.

==A few minutes ago (Daniel's POV) ==

I was chewing my mother's sandwich... not great and not bad really, other than the fact that I am probably going to get my ears chewed later at home. But hey! At least I can provide cash!

As I was peacefully eating; I felt a small thud on the car... thought it was a seagull or something, so I just ignored it. But not even a second in, my curiosity got the better of me so I decided to check it out.

And guess what? I saw a freaking man who was like 40 years old or something, leaning on my car. Probably hiding from something.

"Are you free?" He asked

"My lord's offer is tempting but my heart's already taken." I replied

By my mom that is... ugh... as much as I get infuriated with her stressful rants, I still love 'er. After all, she is from another world that is at war with an otherworldly species. Ironically, she was one of those "ship girls" in that war... or somethin'