"Is Yoma here," Kaneki asked, leaning against the counter.

"Yeah, he's upstairs taking a nap if you wanted to talk to him."

Kaneki shook his head. "No, I was just wondering. By the way, Alice Cullen invited herself to Port Angeles with you guys. I hope that's alright; she's going to Forks High too."

"That's great! Someone to show me the ins and outs around here. I just need to go brush my teeth before we leave." She wiped her hands on a clean towel, smiling. "Are you coming?"

Kaneki shrugged. "I have nothing better to do. I'll be out in a bit. I want to make sure everything is cleaned up."

Hinami nodded, the ponytail her hair was pulled back into, swaying with the movement. She went out, and Kaneki walked into the fridge, making sure everything was in order and that the fridge was closed shut tightly behind him. Hinami was back downstairs by the time Kaneki was finished.

Kaneki blinked at the look Alice had on her face. She sat on one of the stools at the counter, looking from Kaneki, the door to the back, and Hinami, standing by Touka. Her nose was flaring slightly, rapidly, and her eyebrows were pulled together towards the middle like she was concentrating hard.

"You okay?" Kaneki asked cautiously, not really able to read on the girl's emotions behind the expression. Alice nodded rather slowly, eyes still shifting.

"Sorry, I thought..." She trailed off. "Nevermind, it's nothing."

A smile appeared on her face as if what Kaneki had seen hadn't been there in the first place. "Let's get going?"

---------------------------------------------

Emmett 6:49 p.m.

Im rlly sorry about my sis

she can be rlly...

overwhelming sometimes.

Kaneki 6:50 p.m.

Do the members of your family usually buy things for people they don't know?

Emmett 6:50 p.m.

Nope

ur different

besides, she only paid for the phone itself

not the plan

tho im sure my fam wouldnt mind taking on ur bill if u would let them

Kaneki 6:52 p.m.

Absolutely not.

I only let her because Touka and Hinami sided with her.

Kaneki 6:53 p.m.

What do you mean by "I'm different"?

Emmett 6:54 p.m.

...

idk

U just are

Kaneki sat blinking at the screen of his new phone, confused at what to respond with. Different...

He couldn't decipher whether Emmett meant that as a good or bad thing.

Kaneki did end up going with the girls to Port Angeles that afternoon, much to Alice's delight. As...' unthreatening' the Cullens and the Hales seemed to be, it did not mean that Kaneki trusted the members around his own. He didn't want to leave Touka and Hinami alone with someone they'd only just met.

They went from store to store, with no ending in sight if Alice had a say. She practically tried to buy them a whole new wardrobe, which they had declined. They did buy a couple of things that the pixie suggested, and Kaneki had a feeling that 'no' wouldn't be an option if there was a next time. The Cullens saying that Alice likes shopping was a major understatement.

AFSOM (Tokyo Ghoul/Twilight Saga Crossover)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara