Chapter 1

This time, I am just going to use human names. It will be less confusing on my part to make them freaking countries, so yeah. Deal with it. Oh and I think I'll keep this title, because it'll make sense soon in the later chapters. Now, on to the story!
------------------------------

Two years later....

It's been two years since my death and I still don't know how I got this way. I haven't retrieved any of my memories yet. I....I guess i'm stuck like this forever.

Emil swept the streets of a lonely town with an unknown name. It's that forgotten, but it still remains. It has pretty wretched living conditions, because of of how poor it's economy has become. Everywhere actually, across the whole entire country is like this. Snow and polluted air filled the sky with the winds company to move it along. People where on the streets, or in abandoned buildings to keep warm. Food became scarce. Welcome to what now was Iceland......the dead country.

One day, the sun was shinning, and it felt like forever since the people has felt it's light. Everyone had a good feeling that something was going to change. Everyone, except Emil. He roamed the streets, and surprisingly came in contact with someone. They fell down. "Who, who are you?" He asked curiosity rising in his voice to hide the fear he was swallowing back.

"Li Xion. You?"

"Emil Sielsson." Things got quiet fast.

They got up and stared at each other for a while, the air getting colder and colder. "How come you can see, hear, and feel me?" Emil asked.

"My thoughts exactly. I mean, your a ghost and i'm....human." Li hesitated on that last part, unsure if he's human anymore. He brushed back some of his dark brown hair the wind blew. "Well....it was nice to meet you Emil." Li turned to leave, but Emil held out his hand, signaling him to stop.

"Wait. I want to ask how this place became, well this way. It wasn't always like this correct?"

"What your standing on used to be the country of Iceland, but ever since the ways of living and economical problems rose, it slowly began to disappear to just inhabited land of the unknown."

"So it just, died?"

Li nodded. "In the North, it has become even colder, so it is most populated in the south. Somewhere on these lands, the ground is breaking. This place won't remain long until it fully dissolves into freash, cold, water. Everyone will die." He explained pretty straightforward.

Everyone?

"And they can't go anywhere either. Their fate is to come."

"Then why are you here? Aren't you Asian?" Emil asked, tyring not to sound rude to the stranger.

Li nodded again. "I am from Hong Kong. I cam here to examine the remains of this place, then I'll head back. Maybe I'll visit Yao and tell him what it's like here. Well, farewell Emil." Then he left. Emil sighed and continued walking on his original path. To the left, two homeless guys were fighting over bread. On the right, a boarded up shop, with faded colors were falling apart. People huddled up close for warmth inside. Down the road, there was a frozen lake and some fishermen were trying to fish through the holes.

They got no luck. All the fish weren't adapted to this type of freezing cold weather. Their all gone. And to think, the sun was shinning to give us hope. Riiiight. It only shinned to mock us. When will I leave, so I cannot face the sufferings of these people?