4. Party's are for losers

Y/n pov
(Couple hours later since last chapter)

Maggie:"Y/n come here"

"Why"

Maggie:"For the party tonight"

"Ughhh, do we have to go"

Maggie:"Yes now come here"

I walked into her room.

"What"

She sat on the knees at the bottom of the closet. She threw a dress at me. It was black and silky. I shook it out and held it up to me. I looked in the mirror in her room.

"I dunno"

Maggie:"Come on aleast try it on"

"Ugh fine"

I walked into my room. Shut the door. And started to undress. I have always hated my body. I was either to fat or to skinny. Never inbetween. The lack of food has made me skinny. I couldn't see my ribs. But all the scars and stretch marks show through. I put the dress on. I looked in the mirror. Not hating what I saw. But not loving it.

I hate that my body is what I'm worried about. Out there, there were better things to be scared about. I spun around. The dress twirling around my legs.

I heard the door open. I looked over to see Carl. He staired at me. The dress flowing across my chest. I like the v neck line.

"Ok I know I don't look great ok you don't have to make it more obviou-"

Carl:"Y/n you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen"

I looked into the mirror letting out a small smile.

"Dude you need glasses"

He came and wrapped his arms around me. Resting his head on my shoulder. Looking at me in the mirror.

Carl:"No Y/n you need glasses, you are just so- Perfect"

"But what about-"

Carl:"Perfect"

He whispered into my hair. He spun me around. My eyes meeting his. I wrapped my arms around him. His hands on my sides.

*click

I turned to the door way where maggie was standing holding a polorid camera.

"Really"

Maggie:"Yeah"

She said handing me the picture. I shook it out to see how it turned out. It took a second but it devolept. It was perfect. The way I was looking at him, the way he was looking at me. In the moment. I set it on my side table.

Maggie:"Oh my god Y/n you look so beautiful"

"Really?"

Maggie:"Yeah"

"Thank you"

She opened her arms and gave me a hug. My dad came rushing up the stairs.

Daryl:"Y/n we have ten minutes-"

He stoped mid sentence.

Daryl:"You look so- grown up"

He said looking at the dress. He said with tears filling his eyes. I have only seen my dad cry once. When Lori died. Other wise he cryed without me there.

Daryl:"I'm gonna go shower quick"

He said rushing to the bathroom. I turned to Carl. He looked at me confused.