School offered it's own share of issues. The first being that August was major back to school month for Indiana residents. That included Jeremy unfortunately. And doubly terrible was the people he'd have to endure following the transition to his Junior year. 

"Hahaha! Looks like he's still scared of these little toys!" One of them shouted. The incident seemed like a small thing after all. He was wearing a foxy mask, the newer ones that were supposedly 'less creepy' than the ones in the 90s. 

Jeremy however couldn't stop hyperventilating at the sight though. To him, this 'little toy' was hell. After what he had seen, the 'toys' were nothing but danger to his poor rattled mind. Resigning himself in the corner of a hallway, trying to get away but failing miserably. 

"Yeah, sad that this grown dude is shaken by this thing? Oooooh~! I'mma get ya~" Another teen tried to get closer, despite Jeremy himself shaking as he stepped closer with another mask, this one of Bonnie. 

Perhaps he noticed and didn't care. Jeremy's first instinct pushed him to kick aimlessly above in an attempt to run. He knew what these things were capable of. He had seen it. Even a farce, a masked version of those things weren't enough to calm his nerves. There was too much there, the screams. 

"Damn, that kid can run. And you call yourself a junior!" The sounds laughing and jeering were behind him. 

Soon it was just him. His head was planted at the closest thing, a locker, as he caught his breath. Of course looking down, he sighed. He was missing a shoe. 

"Of course..." Jeremy grunted. He didn't want to go back that way. Not with them around. They'd most likely try to scare him again, possibly succeeding in killing him this time from the shock. I might as well be dead, a thought popped up as he looked over his shoeless foot.

He knew he had to make do with the situation. Even if he had to walk with nothing but a sock on his left foot. After all, the only reason they caught him was because class was near here. Physics class. Not that he'd do well considering it was either that or Calculus. Jeremy wasn't sure which was harder especially given it was barely that deep into the school year. 

Marching ahead, he looked aimlessly at the few students who were around the bend in the hallway. Some were just skipping class as expected. Having full fledged conversations with others just as bad as they were. A custodian would catch them and the cycle would repeat.

No accountability whatsoever in this school. Soon, after a few awkward looks, he found himself sitting near the back of physics class. His response to the missing shoe was that somebody took it. Nobody tried to pry any further. 

The lessons didn't necessarily go past him. In fact, Jeremy often used this as the ultimate distraction. It's how he wasn't held back. The use of complex math or reading a whole chapter out of Moby Dick and Shakespeare's Sonnets was the most calming part of the day. 

Of course he despised some of these lessons. Typical attitude he'd assume. After all, Jeremy considered himself to be the mediocre example of a teenager. He didn't look bad in his opinion, but he was no Tom Cruise. His outfits were even more examples of his plainness, simple jeans, maybe a shirt and sweater combo. Blending in was his forte...well, at least he tried. 

Earlier with those sophomores, he was singled out. They knew about his own history. 

Shaking those thoughts away, he took notes. Thermodynamics was a fickle mistress after all. The teen never wanted to miss anything important when it popped up. Details mattered. Every bit mattered. Even if he would rather not use his brain for math under a different name. 

The terms did their damage with the bell finally howling towards the students of the lunch period. Getting up, Jeremy surveyed the halls slowly building up in the crowd size. Not many new faces besides the occasional transfer and new kid from the middle school down the lane. He was relieved that none of those younger bullies were around.