Chapter 4 : Back home

"I'm bored" Sirius says and James agrees. "If I had a penny for everyone you guys said that in the past hour" Remus mumbles. Remus, Peter and I were working on homework. "You guys could also do your homework?"peter suggests. James looks at him then sighs "Oh Peter, my sweet boy what have they done to you. Where did we go wrong? You do know that we just wait for y/n and Remus to do it first then later we steal the answers" Peter it's laughs yet still does his homework. Me and Remus just glare at James.

"I'm almost done guys, I have like 3 more questions" I say. They both groan but don't say complain. "Do you guys have any summer plans?" James asks probably still bored. We had about 3 weeks til summer vacation. Even though that meant no school work, I wasn't very excited. I'd have to go back home to my family. "Do you mean besides being tortured by our parents?" Sirius answers.

"You know you two can always come over to mine and spend the summer. I'll owl my parents right now if you'd like" James offers excitedly "Really?!!" Sirius says matching the level of excitement if not more. I look back at Sirius then nod my head a no. He looked back confused "C'mon Sirius I need to talk to you for a second, excuse us" I stand and drag Sirius by his ear to his dorm. "OW ow OwWwWww" He pushes my hand away when we get to his room. "What?!"

"You know we can't do that to James" I say "Why...? He offered" I furrow my face in my hands "Sirius..." I put on a desperate face but he looked away knowing what I was trying to do "ok fine if your gonna be like that then I'm not gonna even argue. We are not going to James's . End of conversation" I was about to walk away "Y/n it seems like you want to go back home" He scoffs "Sirius I don't want to go back there but I'm not gonna burden another family with us" I yell.

"Fine if your gonna be like that then maybe I'll go and you can stay with mom" He argues but looked like he wanted to take it back immediately "fine... go to James's have fun" I stomp out of his room annoyed. The boys were looking at me concerned but I ignore them. Lily was in my dorm along with Alice I had no clue where Marlene was. "UGH I hate my brother" I scream "What happened this time?" Lily sets aside her pencil to listen to me. "James invited Sirius and I to stay with him this summer. I said no though cause I'm polite or whatever, and then he was all like I'll go without you then" I ramble on and on, while the two girls listen.

"Y/n maybe you're overreacting a little" Lily says "probably! But I don't care! Cause Sirius is just so UGHH" I groan in frustration. I flip onto Alice's bed, she just rubs her hands through my hair trying to calm me "It's ok y/n, it'll work out ok? You don't have to stress about it" She says softly. "Yea yea I guess" I sigh. We all talked some more and they managed to bring me back into a good mood. Lily had eventually left to go look for Marlene leaving Alice and I alone.

"So what are you gonna do? About Sirius" She asks "I don't know... it's not like I want to go back to my home but I just can't do that to the potters or anyone" I explain "Well.... you wouldn't be bothering the Fortesques" She mumbles "Alice were you not listening me for the past 30 minutes" I laugh and she does to "whatever you choose to do y/n, just try to stay with your brother. It can be hard to manage sibling relationships" She advices and I just nod my head.

"Thanks"

———-

I leave my dorm to find Sirius, I'd come up with a compromise. Of course I saw found him near the fire place goofing around with James. "Ahem" I grab there attention. "Can I talk to my brother" James nods his head and gives us some privacy. "Ok Sirius, how about this-" I start but couldn't finish since I got cut off "I'm super sorry y/n, I shouldn't have said that I was going to go to James alone and leave you with out terrible mother" He apologised and I just lightly smile, "Sirius it's alright, I think I overreacted a bit"