~2~

Hello! im sorry i havent updated in a while, i have been quite busy recently and haven't had. the time to write, i am currently writing this on a school computer so please notify me if there are any mistakes, and i will try to fix them when i get home. thank you!
Word count: 642

~~~

Tigerclaw woke up first, and realised how close he was to darkstripe, it was weird, a few moons ago he would not like  being this close to any boy, but darkstripe wasn't just any boy. He was awoken from his daydream when darkstripe stirred, 'tigerclaw?..' 'ah sorry darkstripe did i wake you?' 'No its fine, dont worry.' Darkstripe said. But tigerclaw still felt bad about it, darkstripe could tell, so he assured tigerclaw that he didn't wake him up and it was fine. After a while tigerclaw finally had to make darkstripe drop the subject, he apologised one last time, and they walked out of the den. 'Hey tigerclaw I'm going into the forest today, d-do you maybe wanna come with me?' darkstripe said, somewhat nervously. 'oh of course!' tigerclaw replied, he finally got to spend time alone with darkstripe, he was excited, but also a bit confused, why did he feel like this?

tigerclaw and darkstripe left, they walked deep into the forest 'hey tigerclaw, is it true that you have been chosen to pick the mentors?' darkstripe said, excitement gleaming in his eyes. 'uh- yea? why do you ask?' 'oh no reason, im just curious' darkstripe replied. they found darkstripes usual spot, sat down, and just talked. when sunhigh hit, they both agreed it was time to go back to camp, as the naming ceremony was soon, they walked back just as it was about to start.

bluestar leaped onto highrock, and started the ceremony. 'goldenkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as goldenpaw. Your mentor will be blizzardpelt. I hope blizzardpelt will pass down all she knows on to you. blizzardpelt, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from redtail, and you have shown yourself to be brave and intelligent. You will be the mentor of goldenpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to goldenpaw.' darkstripe felt a little disapointed, but it soon lifted as he realised bluestar had another apprentice to name. 'greykit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as greypaw. Your mentor will be lionheart. I hope lionheart will pass down all he knows on to you. lionheart, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from swiftbreeze, and you have shown yourself to be swift and ambitious. You will be the mentor of greypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to greypaw.'

darkstripe felt dissapointment and somewhat of betrayal well up inside of him. he stalked off and didnt bother while the clan chanted the new aprentices names. tigerclaw noticed his disapearance and followed him, darkstripe turned to face him. 'why didnt you give me an apprentice?..' he asked 'you knew how excited i was..' tigerclaw felt anger rising up in him, why didnt darkstripe understand? before he could stop himself, he was shouting. 'WHY DIDNT I GIVE YOU AN APPRENTICE? HUH? ITS CAUSE YOU CANT DO ANYTHING RIGHT I DONT KNOW WHY YOU EVEN TRY ANYMORE!' tigerclaw stopped, what did he just say?! darkstripe ran off, his ears flat against his head, he seemed really upset. tigerclaw sat down, the anger fading. he finally realised what that feeling was.

it was love.