“Where is Asclepius?” Travis scoops me into his arms and squeezes me so tight that it pushes that air out of my lungs. “Oh god Niki I thought I lost you! I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to hit you. Can you ever forgive me?” I sit up and realize I don’t have any of the pain that I once felt. I actually feel better than before like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can breathe easier. I didn’t realize how much Derek was truly affecting me. But I no longer have to deal with the anger or the pain he caused me. I look around for Asclepius but I don’t see her anywhere. My mother is still standing next to Travis wiping tears away from her eyes. She kneels down and cups both sides of my face with her hands kissing every part of my face. She pulls my face away and says, “oh honey thank goodness you are ok. We thought that we lost you.” I give her a hug and turn to look at Denise. The look on her face is priceless. Not only has she just given her secret away, but watching me come back to life was just to much to handle. “What Denise? Are you disappointed?” She turns on her heels and stomps back into the house. I can’t help but laugh, although my mother doesn’t find it very funny. I turn Travis and he has his hands over his face still crying. I move back to him and wrap my arms around him feel his warmth envelope my body. He lets out a sigh and says, “Please forgive me Niki. It was an accident.” I remember what Asclepius told me about forgiveness. I know that he did not mean to hurt me even if he did break my back and almost kill me. “Of course I forgive you Travis I know that you didn’t mean it.” He looks up at me his and his eyes are red from crying. “I love you Niki.” I kiss him on the cheek “I love you.”

          I release Travis, stand up and look around for Asclepius. I haven’t seen her since I woke up. Travis can tell that I am searching for something and asks, “Niki, are you looking for something?” I place my hands in my hips and turn from side to side, scanning the forest trying to find her. “I’m looking for Asclepius.” Travis lets out a chuckle still wiping the wetness of tears from his face. “You will not find her.” I turn my head to the side, struck by confusion. “What is that supposed to mean? I thought she stayed with Queen Renee at all times. Now that she is gone, isn’t she supposed to stay with me?” He stands up brushing the dirt that covers his shirt and pants from rolling around with Ares, “Well technically you’re not the Queen yet. She did come and help you but she doesn’t have to stay with you at all times until you are Queen. Trust me she is still around and she will be watching over you.” I can help but feel disappointed. I loved how care free she was. It gave me a sense of relief with all the stress that I have been dealing with. I can’t help but think about Renee’s child… why was she not saved by Asclepius?

                                                                                  ***

  Although Asclepius healed me, she did not heal Travis, most likely because I didn’t ask her too. He can heal on his own anyways. He has been lying on my bed for the last hour motionless. Although most of the small cuts and bruises have faded, the larger lacerations are still bleeding a little. I use a wet wash cloth to soak up the extra blood that is trickling from his wounds. The smell of his cologne is strong in my room. I don’t know how he can smell so nice and look like shit. He is covered is dirt and his clothes are torn apart. Travis finally opens his eyes and looks up at me, “You know that you don’t have to clean the wounds. They are going to heal on their own.” I giggle and slap his leg, “I don’t want blood on my bed.” He grabs my hand and tires to pull me down to him but I resist. “Travis you are filthy. Before I lay with you, you need to take a shower.” He lets go of my hand and tries to sit up, “You want to jump in with me.” I give him a wink and say, “Nice try.” He laughs at me as he sits up so he can swing his legs over the edge of the bed. I look where he was lying on and there is a dirt outline of his body, “Oh Damit, now I have to wash my sheets.” He gets to his feet and hobbles to the door. “Do you need help Travis?” He lets out a grown and ignores my question. I hate seeing him in pain. I thought that I was going to save him from the female shifter that planned on stabbing him in the neck and removing his head, but instead he was beaten by Ares. I am grateful he is alive. I hear the bathroom door open, close and the shower turn on. I ripe my now dirt covered sheets off my bed and lay down on the bare mattress.