***

        There is a warm breeze caressing my body. I can smell the scent of fresh cut grass filling the air. I feel the warm sun on my face and grass under my body. I run my hands back and forth through the soft blades and open my eyes. I see my willow tree from home hanging above me with his halo of limbs draped around me. The soft leaves are twirling in the wind. I realize that I am in a dream. I miss my spot under that willow so much that I don’t want to wake up right now. I extend my arms and grab the limp limbs that hang to the ground. I twirl them around in my fingers enjoying the feeling of the soft leaves as they run through my hands. This is the first time that I have been alone in so long. I feel safe and at ease. I roll to my side and run my hands through the grass and watch the leaves dance in the wind. “Niki…” I hear a whisper on the wind. “Niki…” Again the soft voice rings through the leaves. I almost wish that there was no one here. I want to be alone right now. I have been surrounded by people ever since I left this spot to come to the lake house. I have not had a moment of peace. I roll onto my back and try to ignore the voice calling for me. I roll to my opposite side and there is a woman lying next to me. I gasp and scoot back, “Who are you!” She had golden hair that is sparkling in the sun, fair skin, bright red lips and emerald eyes. She smiles at me and reaches out for me, “You’re hurt.” He voice sounds young and excited for life. I look up and down my body and I don’t see any blood or cuts. She begins to giggle pushes my shoulder “You can’t feel pain in your dreams silly.” I let out a small chuckle but I can’t help but wonder who she is. “Umm I’m sorry I don’t mean to be rude, but who are you?” She looks to me and brushes a loss piece of hair from my eyes, “Well I am Asclepius.” This girl is so strange. She seems so carefree. Her answers sound so ‘matter of fact’. I respond, “That is a strange name.” She gives me a large smile, “Thank you, Queen Renee gave me the name. It’s after the Greek God of healing.” There seems to be a trend with the names. I am so tired of being in the dark when it comes to the knowledge of this world so I decide to just ask her, “Why do the Queen and King name people after Gods?” She takes a breath and lets it out, “Well I guess it’s because they like us the best and you cannot get any better than a God. We are important to them and stay with them at all times. Ares is Khan’s war dog and I am Renee’s Healer. I will heal anyone that she requests me to. She told me before she left the kingdom that she would not be returning and you would take her place. She said that I was to heal you whenever you were hurt and serve you as I served her.” She runs her fingers through her hair waiting for me to respond.

         Asclepius’ explanation of her duties is the first time that I have felt like I have understood anything about this world. Maybe it’s because she explained it like a child would explain their day at school, It was short and to the point. “Asclepius, how are you in my dream?”

         “You have a lot of questions don’t you Queen.” She giggles and rolls closer to me, “Well I can heal mind, body and soul. So When I need to heal someone’s soul or mind I have to find out what is broken and fix it. So I jump in their dreams.” I am confused on why she is in my dream. There is nothing wrong with my mind or soul. I ask, “Ok well the last thing I remember is hitting my back against the stairs, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with my mind or soul.” She responds, “Well Queen, you have been knocked out for a while and I wanted to talk to you, so I came in your dream. It’s a good thing that I did because I found something broken.” Confusion fills me. I don’t understand why she would find something broken. “What did you find?” She holds out a closed fist and says, “I found this. It’s a part of your soul. There are lots of parts to a soul and when one part breaks the whole soul doesn’t work right. Most humans have to find out what it is on their own to fix it. But you are lucky because I can fix it for you.” A large heartwarming smile spreads across her face. She points down with her other hand to her closed fist. Light begins to illuminate from her fist and it shakes uncontrollably. Asclepius never takes her eyes off her hands. The light begins to die down and the shaking stops. I look into her eyes and she points back down her closed fist. She opens her hand and there is a small silver band with a little diamond sparkling at the top. I can’t believe it. It’s the promise ring that Derek gave me. I threw it in our fireplace after the incident. I look back at her “I don’t understand.” She presses both palms together pressing on the ring. She opens her hands and it has disappeared. She looks back and me and responds, “You let Derek take a piece of your soul when you threw the ring into the fire. Because you don’t forgive him he holds power over you. You may think that he doesn’t deserve forgiveness but it’s not for him, it’s for you. Letting go of the anger will help you become who you were ment to be.” She lies down onto her back and folds her arms behind your head. “So what did fixing the ring do?” She closes her eyes and lets out a sigh, “I healed the anger inside it so it doesn’t make your soul sick anymore.” I feel a rush of comfort and relief flood over me and it takes the breath out of me. I lay back and try to catch my breath. Asclepius sit ups and scoots towards me grabbing both my hands with an excited grin on her face, “Did you feel it?” I open my eyes and look up to her, “I think so.” She smiles down at me and says, “It’s time to go back now. If you ever need me call my name and I will come to you. If you are hurt and cannot call to me, don’t worry, I will know.” She places her hand on my forehead and I feel by body being pulled back into reality. I snap awake and Travis is leaning over me with tears running down his face.