Chapter 8

Over the past few days, the entire class had been training hard for the UA sports festival. I had been training with both my Dad and Papa to prepare for it. I also had been helping my brother prepare. He's been working so hard, and I'd hate for it to go to waste.

We went through our boring old lessons like usual. It seemed like nothing fun ever happened. After what seemed like forever, I was relieved to hear the bell signaling that it was time for lunch. I decided to sit with Kirishima again. He seemed like a nice guy, and his upbeat personality made it very hard not to be his friend. I had decided that Bakugo had to wear the girl's uniform at lunch. The second he walked in, I had burst into an endless fit of laughter. Tears had started to form in my eyes. "HAHAHAHAHA, Bakugo! You should see yourself right now! It's freaking hilarious!" Kaminari and Kirishima turned their heads to look at Bakugo, and they couldn't even control themselves. I decided to have some fun with this. I closed my eyes and thought of Bakugo. The second I opened them, his eyes glazed over, and I began to sing. I was singing Die Young by Kesha.

  (I changed some lyrics to make it more age-appropriate and to also have it kinda be relevant to the MHA universe.)

'Hear your heartbeat to the beat of the drums. Oh, what a shame that you came here with someone~ So why you're here in my arms~ Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.'

As I was singing, I thought of what I wanted him to do. I had him start to dance. Everyone began to laugh until I had him yell, "DANCE PARTY!"

'Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young! Young hearts out our minds, running till we out of time. Wild child's lookin' good living hard just like we should. Don't care who's watching when we tearing it up (you know)

In the background, I could hear that Jiro had played the backing track to the song. Now that there was some actual music and not just lyrics, everyone started having fun.

'The power that we got, nobody can touch (fo' sho') Lookin' for some trouble tonight, take my hand I'll show you the wild side. Like it's the last night of our lives. We'll keep fightin' 'til we die.

I had noticed that Momo had set off her canons, and everyone was dancing and having fun. I had told Bakugo not to cause a fuss when I release him from my power, he obliged. I released him but, I kept on singing.

'I hear your heartbeat to the beat of the drums. Oh, what a shame that you came here with someone. So while you're here in my arms. Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.'

I had noticed Papa had entered the room with both my Dad and principal Nezu. They didn't look impressed. "STUDENTS!" I could hear my Papa yell. This got everyone's attention; Jiro turned off the music, I stopped singing, and everyone stopped dancing. My Dad looked at me, and I could see in his eyes that he was furious. Knowing I was in trouble. I walked up to him with my head down. "Y/n, this is absolutely uncalled for. Care to explain why you used your quirk on Bakugo, and why you started a dance party?" I looked up at both my parents and replied loud enough for everyone in the cafeteria to hear. "I used my quirk on Bakugo because he lost a bet. I just wanted everyone to relax and have some fun. With everything going on. I thought that maybe I could help and relieve some stress..." I had started tearing up; All I wanted to do was help. I looked to our principal. "I'm sorry, principal Nezu. I didn't mean to cause any trouble..." I put my head down again and could feel the eyes of the students and teachers looking at me.

What happened next surprised me. My classmates had started to stand up for me. "Mr. Aizawa, Y/n was only trying to help. We may be heroes in training, but we're kids too. She's right, with the villain attacks lately and the sports festival tomorrow. We needed this; Please don't punish her." I raised my head when I heard Midoriya speak. Kirishima spoke next, "Yea! It wouldn't be manly of you to punish someone who wanted to help." My classmates and other students agreed. My brother spoke next. "Dad, n/n doesn't deserve to be punished. You and Papa both know that her intentions were not to cause issues." I looked at my brother; Tears were forming in my eyes. My Dad sighed, "Fine, you're not in trouble; But I expect all of you to clean this place up, understood?" The student body as a whole responded with a "YES SIR!" before beginning to clean.

After the cafeteria was cleaned, we went back to our regular classes. What had happened in the cafeteria seemed to have helped. Everyone seemed less stressed; Even Bakugo!

The bell rang; It was now time to go home. As I was packing my things, my classmates swarmed me. "Here Y/n! We wanted to give you our phone numbers!" I was given a handful of scrap papers with names and numbers scribbled on them. "Thank you, guys! I'll add them to my phone when I get home!" I gave them a closed eye smile. I slung my bag over my shoulder and waved goodbye as I left the classroom.

We had ordered Chinese food for dinner tonight because we were all too lazy to cook anything. I had entered the numbers into my phone. I was surprised to see Bakugo's number in the pile of papers. I sent them all a message saying who it was and got ready for bed. I showered and did what homework I had. I laid in bed, drifting off into a dreamless sleep; Or so I thought.

The next day I woke up and was about to get out of bed when something registered in my brain.

Today was the Sports festival-

-Sorry If you don't like this chapter. I wanted everyone to be able to have fun. I'm probably going to have the next chapter be in Denki's POV because we've mainly been in y/n's POV I want y'all to be able to witness how he feels.

-Rhys