Chapter 2- Blue And Green

When Wilbur opened his eyes, he wondered why the hell was his room's walls colored blue. Wait, when did I go to bed? Wasn't I supposed to do a report after the ga...llery...WIlbur shot up from the thought and frantically scanned his surroundings. He seemed to be on a staircase with no way up. Techno, where, where's Techno? 

He stood up, and walked down the staircase. When he got to the bottom he was faced with two paintings. They were mirrored images of rocks floating over, on the left red lava, and on the left blue water—or at least that's how he sees it.  Am I still in the gallery? He asked himself. Wilbur made his way to the right, the direction of the blue painting. 

He was met by walls covered in letters, "Come," Wilbur read the word out loud, despite himself, he laughed. God he's immature. When he reached the end, and found a table in front of a door, on top of said table, was a vase with a yellow rose in it. Wilbur took the flower, it looked...unique he would say. It was bright and healthy, but it only had three petals. 

He held it in his right hand and proceeded to push the table aside. He opened the door and was met with a painting of a woman. "Is her hair out of the frame?" Wilbur asked himself, before shrugging, "Artistic freedom, I guess," he said, looking around the room. 

Wilbur looked around and found a blue key on the ground. He bent down and picked it up. Could come in handy. He thought before turning around to leave but stopped. He turned to the painting again, staring into its eyes. I could have sworn those were closed. 

He decided to ignore it, he wasn't paying attention anyway, could have just not remembered right. Yeah, that must be it. He thought as he closed the door behind him to be met with red letters on the walls. 

Okay, those weren't there before. He thought as he walked, trying to read the letters, but didn't have to use much effort as some of them fell on the floor. "THEIF" it said.

"Fuck off," Wilbur yelled as he walked pass it. When he got to the other room he found the staircase gone. "Oh, I see what you're doing," he said to no one in particular. "You want me to go to the other room? Fine!" 

Wilbur stomped to the other side and found a desk with a logbook on it. He didn't really know if that was the best choice, but he wrote down his name on it, seeing as it is a logbook. Stupid gallery must've wanted him to. Wilbur then turned to the door and unlocked it with the key that he found.

Inside he found a green room and saw four paintings on the wall. He followed it to the other room and found a door, which inside he found a gap between the two sides. Wilbur sighed as he made his way back to the other room. There, he found a sign, "Beware the edges," Wilbur read. "What?" He didn't understand why the sign said that, so he ignored it and instead walked through the small pathway—

"AHHH!" Wilbur exclaimed when a hand ripped through the wall, scratching his arm, making blood ooze through. "Fuck," he held his injured arm, "Edges, got it," he said, this time making sure to walk in the middle of the path. Hands ripped through as he passed by, he flinched at it but managed not to knock onto any of the hands.

When he got to the other side, he wiped the sweat off his forehead, only then noticing the rose that he was still carrying. "What the?" Wilbur observed the rose that now only has two petals. Looking back, he found the missing petal back from where he got injured. 

"No..." Wilbur trailed off shaking his head, "there is no fucking way," he said. 

"WHAT SORT OF GAME ARE YOU PLAYING HERE?!" Wilbur yelled, hoping that whoever was behind this would hear. 

Silence.

Of course. Wilbur sighed. I have to get out of here. He decided. 

Wilbur walked to the door and found it locked. He tsk-ed, why did he think it would be that easy. "I've played enough games, this is—this is some sort of puzzle game isn't it?" He asked himself, searching for clues. Maybe...His mind trailed off as he got a painting of an ant off the wall. 

He carefully maneuvered his way back down the passage and brought the painting to the room with a gap. Wilbur placed the painting down and hoped that it would be enough to carry his weight because he has zero trust on the thin canvas. He stepped on it with one foot, then the other. So far so good. He stepped one foot on the other side, then the other, hearing a rip when he lifted his last foot off the painting. 

"Okay, I can hmm, probably cross one more time," he reassured himself.  

Going through the door, Wilbur stopped for a moment. "There's a headless mannequin," he stated. "There's a fuckin' headless mannequin and it's gonna chase after me isn't it?" 

Carefully, Wilbur walked inside, eyes kept on mannequin and body ready to run. In the middle of the room was a key, as he suspected. Crouching, he picked up the key. He carefully took a few steps back, watching the mannequin—which now began moving. "I fucking knew it," Wilbur slammed the door behind him.

The mannequin banged on it until it fell open and WIlbur rushed getting to the other side, painting ripping some more behind him. When he got to the door he closed it and rushed back but stopped when he heard a crashing noise. 

"Should I?" Wilbur asked himself as he stared at the doorknob. He probably shouldn't but he was a curious lad, so he did. On the other side, he found the mannequin stuck between the gap, making Wilbur sigh in relief. 

Wilbur then went back to the hand pathway, avoiding getting hit by them, hoping that his idea that when the flower looses it's petals he would die was wrong because that's the most video game bullshit he's ever heard of, and this could all possibly be a dream and he got knocked out earlier when running around the gallery with Techno. 

But if it isn't a dream...I wonder where Techno is...He thought, remembering that the gallery was empty before he got to wherever the fuck this place was. 

Wilbur pushed the key into the doorknob and turned, unlocking the door. When he entered he found a yellow room he found a cat shaped carpet with a fish shaped hole carved in the middle and paths leading left and right. 

"Alright, yellow room," Wilbur started, "let's see what you've got."

****

Oh look! An update! Sorry for the wait, school was being busy because this is the final month and uploads will probably be slow 'till like end of May so I hope you stick around!

Thank you for reading! Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

-LuminaStarCrest