part 1: introduction

**REMINDER A LOT OF THIS STORY WILL BE FROM THE SHOW**
bree's pov -

here i am. sitting beside some dumbass's i rarely know. sitting at a kook house under construction, i honestly love how me and these people are so alike. i look up, seeing john b on the roof dangling one leg off into the air. he licks his fingers and sticks them up in the air trying to find out the direction of the wind. why? i don't even know.

"should i do it?" he asks. "yeah if you wanna get killed." i say sarcastically. "i'll shoot you on the way down" pope says, pointing a nail gun at him. i laugh, gosh these guys are hilarious. here comes my step-sister kiara. she walks out on the mostly built deck, "there going to have japanese toilets with towel warmers." she says. well, that's mostly what i heard. i roll my eyes, "give me a break" i say. "what? that's really cool." i laugh again, "i'm kidding, i'm kidding. congratulations kie." she rolls her eyes.

jj laughs, i think that's his name? his bright blue eyes, and his backwards red hat. international harvester. i mean i'm not a creep, but that's hot.
john b takes a sip of his beer. "aye don't drop that beer. i'm not giving you another one" jj says. "jj i doubt it matters if he drops his beer-" i get cut off by john b dropping his beer. of course.

"oh course you had to drop it." i say. "not my fault bree" i shake my head. "uh guys" pope says. we all look at him. "security's here, let's wrap it up" "oh shit." i say. i jump down from the roof and we all run while gary and his crew chase us. one of the police officers try to grab jj "NOT MUCH OF A HUGGER MAN!" he starts laughing. i start to die of laughter as i run behind him.

we all pile into the pogue van. i try to close the door, but jj says "wait one sec" he pokes out of the door and has a beer in his hand. he starts to tease gary who is running at full speed behind the pogue van trying to catch up with us. "YOU ALMOST GOT IT, YOU'RE ALMOST THERE" he teases. i am laughing so hard. so is everyone else. me and kie try to drag him back into the van, but he throws the beer at gary yelling "THERE YOU GO" we manage to finally get him back into the van. "your gonna give him a heart attack!" kiara chuckles. "he'll be fine, i bet he almost had one when running." jj laughs. "that was a close one" i say. they all agree.

so we're all sitting in the pogue van talking about stuff. then out of the blue "so bree" jj says. "what?" i ask. kiara rolls her eyes and says "here we go." "what?" "if you start to flirt with her-" "that's not what i'm doing, let me ask the girl a goddamn question" he argues back. "okay okay guys calm down." i say. "bree. why did you decide to move with kiara to here?" jj asks. i sit there for a short 5 seconds. then john b buts in "oh come on jj, she obviously came to make new friends and just.. start over" i stare jj dead in the eyes. "well, i never actually told kie this either. and please don't freak out-" i instantly start to regret saying anything.

i should of said i just wanted to meet new people. shit. "well?" jj asks. "stop letting curiosity get the better of you." pope says. i clear my throat, "well there was just some family issues at home a-and i needed to get away for a while." jj stares at me. "sorry for being too curious, i was just wondering-" "no jj it's literally fine." i say. we all sit in silence for a couple of minutes.

"and here it is" john b says, pulling into a rocky driveway. "the chateau." "wow so nice" i say in a sarcastic way. "she's a little run down but it works for now." "a little?" "hey, i don't have the kind of money you used to have back at your old town." "sorry john b." i apologize. "no, no your fine."

we all walk in. "where's your parents" i ask. he turns around. "kie you didn't tell her?" jj whispers to kiara behind me. i could obviously hear what they were saying. i just acted like i didn't. "my dad disappeared at sea 9 months ago, and my mom is.. somewhere about." i start to feel terrible. "oh my gosh, i'm so sorry. i had no idea" "nah your fine, i should of told you sooner." he gives us a tour, and it's not as bad as it seemed.

we walked back outside and looked out in the distance. "looks like a storm is rolling in." "yeah, i got a hurricane warning earlier today." john b says. "what hurricane?" i ask. "hurricane agatha." jj buts in. "supposed to be a bad one." pope says.

"great." i say. "i'm still excited about the Japanese toilets and towel warmers." we all start to laugh. "wow kiara." i laugh. we all walk inside and chill on john b's couch. talking about random stuff. "so on the way here i saw all these nicer houses. is there two different sides or-" "pogues, and kooks. we're the pogues, or the south side. we call it the cut. we're the home of the working class, we make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters. we have 2 jobs, while kooks have 2 houses. there our national enemy." "wow they sound real imitating." i say sarcastically.

he laughs. there is a couple seconds of silence again. "so bree, what do you like doing?" jj asks. "like my hobbies?" "yeah something alone those lines." i laugh. "um.. i like to surf!"

hey guys!! sorry this chapter may be short to some of y'all. i hope you guys enjoy the first part of this new series. i will try and make the next part as soon as possible, sorry if it takes a while. and i'm also sorry that this chapter was not really based off of the show as much as i thought it would, but i promise i will start getting into using the show for more inspo. thank you all! hope you enjoy!