: the other mother

Start from the beginning

The boy stares as she lays down like a robot.

He then hesitates before throwing her a pillow and a blanket, not wanting to feel ashamed of his poor hospitality skills. 

"Thanks." Y/n says whilst laying her pillow down and bundling herself up in the blanket.

Bakugo stares at the poison oak he had gotten earlier, his hand now forming an itchy bunch of hives. 

His doll now sat still on a chair next to his bed. He glances at his photo of friends from his hometown, y/n silently observing his longing expression in pity. 

Y/n gets comfortable again in her makeshift bed while Bakugo shuffles and switches off the lights. 

"Night little me.." Y/n mumbles.

The pair slowly drift off to sleep. 

✖ ✖ ✖

The tiny door creaks open in the night, revealing a twisted blossom of paper cutouts in the shape of mice blooming out from the bricks blocking the door. 

✖ ✖ ✖

Bakugo's eyes flutter open as he hears the squeaks of mice pierce the silence. He groans and peeks under his bed, a single mouse running to escape out his bedroom door. 

The boy gasps and flies out of bed, quickly kneeling down to where y/n was and gently shaking her awake.

"Dumbass!! C'mon y/n get the fuck up!" He urgently beckons in a hushed tone. 

Y/n grumbles and rubs her eyes, rising up from her place on the floor. The boy stares in concealed adoration at her sleepy figure as she mumbles curses.

"What? It's like 3 AM or something...." She says, eyes now open with confusion.

Bakugo grabs her wrist and yanks her up. "Bitch hurry up, there's a mouse!"

Y/n groans but nonetheless follows Bakugo out the room. "You seriously woke me up for a mouse?"

The boy spots the mouse trotting down the stairs, y/n now intrigued and rushing with him to follow it. The two ran to the first floor and past the closet. 

The mouse lead the duo to the depressing room with the fireplace and mysterious door. 

Spotting the mouse again, Bakugo yanks y/n's wrist and runs to the tiny door, which was now cracked open just enough for the tiny critter to sneak inside. 

Y/n opens the tiny door up, confused when the mouse wasn't where she had thought it was. Bakugo squeezes beside her, looking to find the mouse.

Magically, the door begins to glow galactic shades of purple and blue, the mouse following through the now expanded tunnel to another door on the other side. 

"Holy shit." Bakugo mutters.

A breeze blows through both tween's hair. 

"Should we... go in?" Y/n asks.

Bakugo nods slowly. "If some shit happens, lets find each other and come back through the tunnel. Deal?"

"Mhm, deal." She nods. 

Bakugo crawls in first, slowly gaping at the whimsical array of blues and purples. Y/n followed after, gazing at the spectrum of colors pulsing towards the other side.