Ch.20 Leave a message

Comenzar desde el principio

"He must be stressed about something," Dr. Ming smiled.

"I'm sure he is," Clare nodded. "We all are."

"Right," the doctor nodded.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Ah, yes," Dr. Ming held up a finger and began to dig through the files on his desk. "I was....reading through Dr. Trystan's files on Kiara and I couldn't help but notice some of the notes are not dated."

"Is that important?"

"Yes," the doctor chuckled. "I would like to see the pattern of her behavior. Looking at these notes, I can't tell what happened in what order."

"What do you mean?"

"Dr. Trystan took excellent notes," Dr. Ming adjusted the glasses he wore. "Very detailed and very in depth. How long had she been working with Kiara?"

"Just a few weeks."

"A few weeks?" Dr. Ming's eyes widened with surprise. "Wow. It's amazing how much information she gathered with so little time."

"Back to the dates, doctor..." Clare was intrigued.

"Yes, yes," Dr. Ming nodded. "Dates would have been very helpful. I know you had mentioned that all sessions are recorded...would I be able to have access to the sessions with Kiara?"

"Of course," Clare smiled. "You are the lead doctor on the case now. Whatever you need. They're all on Dr. Trystan's computer. And if she took her work laptop home then you can ask the IT department downstairs to help you access the files from the main server."

"Thank you."

"Anytime," Clare nodded.

She walked out of the office and slowly made her way back up to the top floor. The construction people were still busy at work redoing the room Kiara had destroyed. Clare was just thankful none of the students downstairs were seriously hurt. They had minor cuts and bruises but nothing to sever. Tobias had come in exactly at the right time. Any minute longer and it would have been a catastrophe.

"Casandra!" Ares called from their joint office as soon as he picked up her scent. "Where is that photo of Cara in my helmet?"

Clare took in a deep breath and walked into the room. She leaned against the door and stared at her husband as he stood around with his hands on his hips and his desk a total mess.

"I thought it was on your desk," she said.

"It was," Ares shook his head. "Not any more."

"You'll find it once you finish cleaning up."

"What did Dr. Ming want?"

"He wanted to listen to the recording of Dr. Trystan's sessions with Kiara."

"Why?"

"He wants to see the pattern in her behaviors," Clare said, silently chewing on her bottom lip.

Ares turned and raised a brow, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

The corner of Ares lips curved up as he took a step forward and wrapped his arms around Clare, "You answered way too fast. And that is how I know something is definitely up."

"I just...." Clare rolled her eyes. She let out another breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I can't stop thinking about her."

"That's natural," Ares said, comforting her with small kisses. "You watched her grow up. It's hard on all of us."