Chapter 2 - Get Back in the Goddamn Car!

Start from the beginning

"Sorry!" Tony says to his friend, unapologetically.

"What the hell was that?!" The man asks incredulously, standing up straight.

"It's called mixed martial arts," Tony replies sarcastically, bouncing on his toes, "it's been around for about 3 weeks."

"It's called dirty boxing: there's nothing new about it," Happy fires back.

As they continue to squabble, my heightened senses pick up the approaching foot step coming from around the corner.

"I promise you this is the only time I will ask you to sign over your company," Pepper reassures the billionaire as a woman round the corner.

All three of us (Tony, Happy and I), turn and stare at her, watching her figure go and stand next to Pepper, gesturing to a file in her hands, "I need you to initial each box."

'Shitttttt,' I think to myself, subconsciously transforming my appearance into the one I would use in a more... compromising situation (it wasn't too different from normal, but it was noticeable none the less).

"Lesson one," Happy interrupts our silence, "never take your eye off-"

The man groans as Tony kicks him square in the chest, sending his stumbling back into his corner.

"That's it: I'm done," Happy announces, "Miss Kane is a lot better boxer than you and fights fair."

"But we all know her fighting ability is practically supernatural," he reasons with a grin, glancing over to me with a wink before turning to face the mystery woman.

"What's your name, lady?" He points at her, sipping from his bottle.

"Rushman. Natalie Rushman," she responds with a small smile gracing her lips, her dark red hair swaying a little in thick curls as she turns.

Yet, as she says this, a little look in her eye makes me question her statement. The look was one I've seen multiple times in battle: trickery. But, despite being in more battles than I can recall - and having the refined senses of a Venir-trained goddess, mixed with the blood of an Asgardian warrior - I was still hard-pressed to notice it.

"Front and center," Tony points to the ring floor, "come into the church."

"No," Pepper sighs, evidently irritated at his antics, "you're not seriously going to ask-"

"If it pleases the court, which it does," he interrupts.

"It's no problem," she says with a smile, placing her clipboard down on a nearby table. Glancing at me, the look resurfaces and I lean forward subconsciously in anticipation of what her deal is.

"I'm sorry," Pepper apologises as 'Natalie' approaches the ring, "He's very... eccentric."

Climbing under the side ropes, she continues a prolonged eye contact with him, waiting for him to stop sipping from his bottle.

"What?" He asks, before pointing at me, "C, can you give her a lesson?"

"Tony, I assure you that I would love to," I respond sarcastically, leaning back onto the sofa and crossing my legs, "but I'm on a 'stress relieving break'."