Dancing. Spin the bottle. Firewhiskey. Malfoy. His request. A hand around my throat.

And my knee to his groin.

I try to shake it off, I really do. And in a way, I'm proud of my behavior. When faced with a drunk and horny Malfoy, I stood my ground and fucking destroyed his balls.

But now I'm noticing his stares, and how he won't stop glaring at me, and how every time I look at his eyes, they're already on mine.

I get all the way to lunch before we actually exchange words.

I'm walking out, planning to walk the grounds for some fresh air or maybe go back to the common room for a nap. I'm trailing behind the others, watching Onyx and Pansy laugh with Theo and Blaise, when I feel his presense behind me.

"Blackwood," he says when he sees me looking back at him.

"Malfoy," I say sweetly, spinning around and walking backwards to keep my eyes on him. The others turn a corner and I slow down until they're just barely out of earshot. To my surprise, Malfoy slows too, glaring at me and looking ready to commit mass murder. "How's your balls?"

This enrages him to no end.

"Covered in mud," he spits out, as if the contact of my knee to his groin, even in attack, is repulsive.

"Sad your lips aren't?" I tease heartlessly, my mischievous smile dropping.

"Oh Blackwood, don't worry," Malfoy says, his face taking this false kind of innocence. "Wasn't personal. Like I said, you shouldn't walk around dressing like a slut. Figured you'd be easy."

"Dead wrong, weren't you?" I growl, getting angry now.

"Not really," Malfoy snaps, and we're both stopped in the middle of the corridor, practically squaring up. "I'll have to burn my fucking clothes after they were touched by filth like you."

Something comes over me and my wand is out before I can even care about stopping myself. The hex flies out as he's removing his own wand and he's not quick enough, soon falling to the ground. I've just switched his knees from the front to the back.

"BITCH!" Malfoy roars.

"EVANGELINE BLACKWOOD?!"

It's Mcgonagall's voice and she's furious. She takes one look at Malfoy, legs bent grotesquely on the floor of the corridor, and points an accusatory finger at me.

"Detention!"

---

Thankfully, my detention is with Hagrid.

Unfortunately, I am tasked with walking through the Forbidden Forest with him, finding escaped Blast Ended Skrewts.

This is what Hagrid tells me when I walk down to his hut at nightfall. And although I like Hagrid, and I like magical creatures, Blast Ended Skrewts nearly killed me during forth year. And we need to retrieve them from where they escaped into the forest, for use on his new forth year class.

"I mean, they won't be very hard to find, will they?" I ask Hagrid. "They blast explosives out of their arse."

Hagrid laughs. "Well o' course, Evangeline. But they aren't too keen on comin' back, ya see. Don' know why, but they keep blastin' holes in their enclosure!"

Maybe the Blast Ended Skrewts aren't too fond of the students, either.

"An' they're just babies, ya see? So they're pretty little now," Hagrid says idly, picking up a burlap sack and handing it to me. I'm already walking towards the pitch black Forbidden Forest when Hagrid calls out, "Ah, Filch! Excellen'! This is a three person job, this is!"