After, she just...lost everything that made her warm, everything that made her a mother. 

I shivered as I remembered V's fingers trailing down the old scars on my back, the memories that those scars conjured being moments of my life that I desperately didn't want to think about when I was being intimate with her, or when I was with her in any capacity, but least of all when my lips were on hers and her fingers were in my hair and mine were in hers. 

God, and just thinking about that again sent my plans of walking out of the room without a raging hard on into the trash.  

I adjusted my pants while V wasn't looking as she sheepishly reached over and threw on a white tank top, doing nothing to hide the cleavage about to spill out of it and, my God, she was beautiful. 

Screw morning breath, I reached over and surprised her with a deep kiss, hand clasped behind her head to keep her exactly where I wanted her and soon enough she'd melted into me, just as I had into her from the first moment our eyes ever connected, the first moment I'd heard her voice at the gym. 

I had no idea what we were doing, but I knew that I was not going to question something that had already enriched my life, in more ways than one. 

Leaning back, I locked my eyes with hers, and while there was a slightly dazed look on her features, it was the gleam and glow of her skin that I latched onto, because damn if she didn't look happy, a sentiment that I was positive I reflected right back to her. 

"I'll text you.  Do you work tonight?"

"Uh-yeah, actually I work the night shift.  I'll probably be practicing for this upcoming showcase, taking advantage of the empty courts, if you want to be my audience?"

Her voice husky and thick from sleep stirred under my skin and as chills prickled along my spine at the thought of hearing her sing again, I nodded immediately, smile permanently in place. 

"Of course.  I'd never pass up an opportunity to hear you sing.  It's a date."

A seriously breathtaking smile overtook her face and I couldn't help my matching one, a smile that I was sure looked silly compared to hers. 

She reached forward and placed our lips together once more, her boldness shocking me for a moment before I responded immediately, tugging her up off of the bed and into my arms, eliciting a small squeak of surprise from her lips that caused me to smile against her, wondering how the hell I'd never crossed paths with her on campus before. 

We pulled apart, and one look at my almost dead phone told me that if I didn't leave soon, I would say fuck it to practice and spend the rest of the day tangled up with her, kissing her, lavishing in everything that she'd be willing to give me, and while I wanted that almost as much as I wanted to have her father as my coach, I knew that if I didn't put a premium on my playing that there wouldn't be a player left to coach because I'd have already lost myself in everything that is Virginia Bruins. 

"Bye," she whispered, fucking teeth on her lip and when I responded with the same word, she pulled her hands in on herself, probably just remembering that she didn't have any pants on, a fact that wasn't lost on me in the slightest and was one of the reasons why pulling away and doing what I was supposed to, because doing the 'wrong' thing felt so damn right. 

Five minutes later, I was speeding across the campus parking lots, cutting through traffic cones and kids milling around taking their time to get to the earliest classes of the day as it was only ten til seven, so thankfully I wasn't actually late, but if I didn't dress out and make it onto the courts in less than five, then I would be considered as much.