Epilogue

I slowly walked up the small hill. It was around three in the afternoon when I finally got there. I was planning on going earlier but I kept finding excuses not to go. I had insisted that Sammy stayed in the car, I didn't want him to see me like this. Ever since Cas had... died six months ago, Sam always acted so weird whenever he was mentioned, but that was rare. I continued my walk until I finally came across his tombstone. All that was written on it was: Castiel Winchester, in loving memory. I smiled weakly when I read the last name. It had a nice ring to it. I looked around, making sure that I was alone. "Cas," I started. "I'm sorry I haven't visited you much... It's just been crazy ever since you left." I blinked as my eyes started to get wet. "But I just want you to know that... I still care about y-... I mean, /we/ still care about you. Sammy included, of course," I chuckled lightly. I stared at his grave, carefully studying the curves of the engravings in his tombstone. "I, uh, would've brought something but you never really showed much interest in stuff..." I looked around again before kneeling down. Tears welled in my eyes which I quickly wiped away. "... I'm sorry, Cas," I croaked. "I tried but... there was nothing I could do I-" I choked. "I'm not too good at these types of things as you can see," I gave a smile that quickly fell off my face. "But, Cas, you were always there for me... You dragged my ass out of hell, you've killed other angels, you've lost your Grace... but that never stopped you."

"And now, it's a fucking disgrace what happened... How could that be your ending? Bleeding out with lead poisoning. I would've never guessed..." I looked down and closed my eyes, allowing a tear to stream down my face. "But just remember, Cas, wherever the hell you are, that we will always remember you and I will always need you."