Prologue & A/N

Silky swirls of mist danced across the tall fir trees that lined both sides of a wide road. The surroundings were calm as if every living thing out there was hypnotized to remain quiet.If you wander into the woods, considering the tranquility of the place, your return would remain a doubt. That deep was the forest inside.
This small country of Leburn was know for such green lush woods that would lure you to them and its cool climate. It was largely blessed with huge mountains and rocky plateaus but at the same time all facilities of a metropolitan city was available here.
It was just any other day for Stella as she drove through the said road.
I just hope my chimp of a husband doesn't mix salt with tea today.
 I forgot to take my ID card!
And a beautiful day was royally spoiled as enlightenments hit her one after another like trucks loaded with elephants.
Frowning, she set her eyes on the watch that was wrapped around her wrist.The time indicated she would reach her destination without getting late. So she decided to relax a bit and take in the scenery around her.
However, the view reminded her of her father who was no longer with her. She remembered walking by similar kind of trees near the road, her little finger wrapped around his. He used to say stories of ghosts and ghouls and other planets that had life on  them which used to pique her interest so much.
Good old days!
Lost in thoughts, she failed to notice someone who appeared in front of her vehicle.It crashed into the person and tossed him upwards. Terrified, she applied brake as fast as she can. Her knuckles that clung tight to the steering wheel had gone sickeningly pale, her forehead breaking into a burst of sweat. A loud scream made its way out of her mouth as the man landed rashly on the road behind her.
The action caused an echoing thud, tearing the silence of the woods into shreds.
He must be dead.
She did not want to think of something dreadful as that but she couldn't help it. She breathed heavily as she got out of her car. The weather was so cold that she had to envelope both her arms around herself.The accident was still sinking in. It was partially her fault for not paying attention to the road and partially his for jumping in front of a moving vehicle.
With shaking legs she approached the motionless figure on the ground,his back facing her and face flat on the road. She gaped as she saw huge cracks on the road at the area beneath him.
Was the fall that harsh?
A strange feeling of fear and confusion made her stomach coil as not even a drop of blood came out of his body. She had expected him to lay there with a snapped neck that supported no head and streams of blood flowing out of him, taking the gut wrecking sound of the fall into account.
She slowly crouched close to him and noticed that he was taking slow breathes.
Her eyes widened in surprise as she saw him stir gently and then turn around.
I must have gone nuts! How the hell did he do that?
He then faced her,eyes still closed and she scanned him from head to toe. He had some big and small scratches on his limps and foot looked numb and torn at places.At the same time, he had no major injuries.It was as if he lunged infront of her car after roaming around the jungle for days with food and water.
He had a peculiar wristband made of some kind of metal on one of his hands.It had a few buttons on it.It did not gain a single scratch after the fall,let alone a dent.She have never seen someome wear that before.
Her hands and legs were shaking,thinking about the strangeness of this scenario.
Nevertheless, she composed herself and asked him, "Are-Are you alright? "
The question made him flutter his eyes open and she stilled to the bones. A pair of brilliant neon green eyes were staring back at her. His green irises had enticing silver rings around them.
She felt the pace of his breath slowing down and she watched as he closed his eyes and drifted into oblivion.

...................
Hello 😁
So this was the story I was talking about. I'm sorry that I can't assure you I'll be able to finish this one, given these uncertain times. I hope all of you are taking care of yourselves. Stay strong guys, this will pass too.
Also, I have zero experience in writing science fiction or fantasy and hence this story would be far from perfect. There's no guarantee that the scientific facts that I may write would be accurate. So proceed at your own risk 😁
And special thanks to starlessxskies for asking me to write a sci-fi type of story. She even gave me a full story for me write but I was not sure if I could be able to write it properly and came up with my own plot. She's an awesome person and a skilled writer. Do check her book Kshatriya Vivaham if you haven't yet. I also have to read it and I will 😁
I hope you like this try of mine.
Stay home.
Wear masks.
Use sanitizer and leave a few votes & comments if you can 😜