Chapter 2: Commitment

Start from the beginning

"Dr. Grey." He says smirking as he follows her and hovers over her while reading her writing.
"I think I can fix his lionitis. If we go in and restructure the bone, we could help him look almost normal." He says, studying the chart while she writes.
"You can?!" She asks excitedly as she turns.
"I can try to negotiate with your chief of surgery. He is probably to say 'yes' so that we can get published." He smiles and nods.
"You would look very beautiful on a page in a medical journal." He leans into her ear and whispers making her blush hard.
"Come on." She says, holding his arm and getting on the elevator.
She is almost jumping rapidly with delight as he tangles his fingers with hers.
"The chief can be intimidating but he is just doing what's best for this hospital."
She says as the doors open to Addison and Derek staring at their hands. Derek's eyebrows raise, giving room for his eyes to widen in pain. His jaw automatically clenched as tears being to well in his eyes. Time freezes for him and he watches Meredith sipping a coffee while she is smiling up at Mark. He has already managed to seduce her and take away the love of his life... for the second time. They walk out paying no mind to the married couple getting into the elevator. As Meredith leaves, Derek's fingers brush over hers and their pinky's lock for a moment as she turns to stare in his ocean blue eyes, seeing the pain and the desperation; understanding that he is begging her not to trust Mark, not to be with him. The sour taste in his mouth makes his stomach flip and twist in all the wrong directions. She overlooks the pleading look in his eyes as a tear escapes her own, guilt filling her to the brim. Time speeds up again the doors close.
"I think I do have to talk alone." He chuckles as they reach the door and peek inside the door.
She turns and catches Derek's eyes as he walks into the room with Mark. She notices anger in Derek's eyes and chooses to overlook it again.

Mark walks out and Meredith nods as he smiles and puts a hand on her shoulder. Her arms tighten around his torso and he pecks her head gently, teasing Derek as he walks behind them.
"I guess you could consider this our first date," Mark smirks.
"An OR date sounds wonderful, thank you." She smiles.
Derek clears his throat which is burning to kill Mark again. Meredith turns and stares as Derek walks around them and away from her reach. Mark pulls her closer and places a tender kiss on her forehead before pulling away.

She leans up to kiss him but he pulls away and turns his head.
"When I kiss you... really kiss you. The kind that's going to blow your mind... I want to do it in private. So I can do more than just peck your lips. I will use my tongue and I don't want you to be bound by the limitations of society from moaning." He whispers, the hot air sending shocks down her neck.
"Yes, Dr. Sloan." She whimpers already turned on by his use of words. His eyes widen as he hears the words and he smirks.
Her fingers hold his neck and gently move down the middle of his chest to his torso before she leans up and kisses his cheek.
"I'll let you get back to work and I'll see you in the OR Dr. Grey." He leaves and smirks, leaving her hand slowly.

"You've given up surgery to go into clerical work?" Derek smiles, fond of Meredith as she sits in the chair and staples a bag.
He knows he should be angry and frustrated at her for being with Mark but all he wants is her... all he needs; is her.
"No, I'm fulfilling a patient's dying wish to send hate mail to everyone he's ever met." She smiles, lighting up his world.
He crosses his arms in an attempt to be more professional but he knows he can't. He can't pretend not to love her because he can't breathe without looking at her.

"Right now, I understand the impulse." He says honestly.
"Me too. Why do people cheat?" She says to herself but it's is a question that stumps him.
"That's a good question." He says, trying his best not to lift her off her feet at push his lips into her.
"Why do you think she cheated on you? Were you different then? Were you a bad husband?" She asks, focusing her attention on him and hoping he won't lie.
"I was uhh... I was just a little absent." He says honestly, sitting in the chair opposite her.
"Not that that's an excuse for her." He claims, his voice soft and sad, trying to be hidden.
"Do you think things would've been different if you had kids?" She asks, gently caressing the back of his hand and comforting him as tears begin to well.
"Do I think she wouldn't have cheated?" His head tilts the opposite way and he bites his lip, holding back tears as she closes the doors and helps him up to his feet.
"I don't know." He says, feeling the weight over mostly everything falls off his shoulders as she tangles her fingers in his and stands to hover around his lips.