Chapter Three

After driving a few miles out to Dublin, Colby stopped the motorcycle on a cliffs edge along the Irish Sea. Rebecca got off the bike and gave Colby a curious look. He took a moment to look out at the view as he inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to calm himself. Rebecca observed him cautiously, taking notice of his shaking hands. Colby kicked out the stand on the motorcycle and slowly got off the bike. Rebecca's heart was racing as he turned to face her.

"That was good timing back there." Rebecca tried to find something to say.

Colby furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I just killed to people.." Colby thought out loud.

"Yeah.. You're kind of good at it." Rebecca commented.

Colby gave her another confusing look.

"What the hell is going on? Who are you?" Colby asked.

"I think I actually asked you that first." Rebecca assured him.

He stopped for a moment and looked her up and down.

"I'm Colby Lopez, born and raised in the Midwest.. I'm a country boy, a nobody." He told her.

"Most nobody's wouldn't have ran into a dangerous situation like that unless they knew they would be able to make it out alive. You knew you could have taken out those men back there." Rebecca said.

Colby shook his head.

"Look I don't know who you think I am or what you think I am but you're wrong.. You've never heard of guys doing stupid shit like that to impress a girl?" Colby tried to ask without realizing what he had said.

Rebecca raised her eyebrows and let out a slight smile. Colby's face immediately turned red.

"You were trying to impress me?" Rebecca asked in amusement.

"No.. I- I- That's not what I meant.." Colby try to backtrack.

Rebecca let out an innocent laugh at Colby's embarrassment. She found it endearing. After a few moments, he looked back up at her.

"I don't kill people." Seth told her seriously.

Rebecca could see that he was still shaken up about what had happened.

"Colby.." Rebecca began to say. "I meant what I said at the hotel last night.."

"What do you mean?" Colby asked.

"I'm not someone you want to get close to." She reminded him.

"I never said I wanted-." Colby tried to say before Rebecca interrupted him.

"You didn't have to.. Your eyes say more than your words.." Rebecca told him as she examined his face.

Colby didn't know what to say so he just stared back at her, hopelessly.

"I'm dangerous." Rebecca warned him once again.

Colby looked her up and down for a moment, still not sure what was going on. That's when Rebecca took a step forward, bringing herself face to face with Colby. His heart began beating fast in his chest as the scent of her vanilla bourbon perfume whistled past his nose.

"Thank you, Colby.. for saving me.." Rebecca said as she looked into his eyes.

Colby began to feel a sudden warm fill his heart as she leaned forward and gently kissed his right cheek. She casually reached into his back pocket and grabbed the keys to the motorcycle. He was so entranced in her touch that he hadn't even noticed.

"Next time.. don't save me." Rebecca told him as she got on the bike.

Colby turned around in confusion as she started the motorcycle in her heels.

"Worry about saving yourself." Rebecca told him as she kicked the bike stand back.

"Saving myself from what exactly?" Colby asked over the sound of the motorcycle engine.

Rebecca looked back at him for a moment.

"From me." Rebecca said before ramming up the engine and driving off.

Colby stood there in disbelief as he was her disappear down the road. Everything inside of him was telling him to listen to Rebecca, to save himself.. but something about her wouldn't let him stay away. Whatever was going on, he wanted more. Despite the fact that he had just killed two men and that he was not stranded a few miles outside of Dublin, all he could think about was the mysterious woman that had taken all of his attention.

At Mr. Quinn's residence, he had just gotten word about the incident that had taken place in town earlier that day. He looked over a folder of photo's, provided to him by his new right hand man, Walter Hahn.

"His name is Colby Lopez." Walter told him in a thick, Austrian accent.

Mr. Quinn examined the photo of Colby taking out of his rival's men.

"Flew in from the states about two days ago. He's been staying at the Westbury." Walter added.

"I want to know everything about this man. Where he was born, where he lives, who he knows..." Mr. Quinn began as he now looked over the photo of Rebecca and Colby driving off on the motorcycle. "And how he knows my daughter." Mr. Quinn said with a sense of rage coming over him.