shoto todoroki

✎ᝰ┆shoto accidentally eavesdrops on you and your friends conversation.

───────────────────────

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

did todoroki hear those words correctly?

he didn't mean to overhear the words that flew out of your mouth, of course he hadn't. he was simply just passing through the common area to get a glass of water while he continued his studies.

'[l/n] .. likes me?' the heteromantic replayed the thought in his head.

walking past the group of friends you were always hanging around with, he managed to capture a short glimpse of you- but when he turned around to glance at you once more, you were already staring right back at him.

shoto had always hated awkward conversations.
but he hated them more than anything else when no one would decide to make the first move and talk, including himself.

he never knew what to say in situations like these. it made him feel useless and pathetic. if he merely couldn't have a simple conversation with you now, then what would it have been like if he had confronted you about his feelings days ; possibly weeks ago?

he shook his head, simply trying to erase the thought that was drilling into his brain at a relentless speed.

.. thankfully god was on his side today.

fortunately he had seen you walk up to the cupboard, the one he so happened to be standing in front of.

".. do you mind grabbing me a cup as well, todoroki?" you had voiced out to him.

the heteromantic shifted on his feet, a blush slightly starting to cover his cheeks. "of course".

after getting your fair share of water, you slowly but surely walked back to the boy.

todoroki internally sighed against the counter, silently praying that you would bring some sort of conversation to the table.

.. to his liking, it seemed like god had been on his side again once more today.

"hey todoroki .. would you mind if i asked you something? y-you don't have to answer o-of course".

despite the anxious thoughts that were swirling around in his head, he was curious. there were so many topics you could mention or bring up.

nonetheless he hummed a reply while looking over towards you, instantly letting you know that he was listening to what you were about to share with him.

"d-do you um" you, who he was gazing at paused, but soon continued with your speech. "would you like to get come cold soba with me this weekend? i-if you're not busy, of course".

a few moments after you asked, he could instantly feel the blush starting to creep up again. shoto wasn't one for stuttering, but perhaps .. you were that one special case.

"of c-course" he gave you a petite smile. "i'd enjoy that a lot [l/n]".