Chapter 8- bitter sweet

Reed's POV
I went to the park after searching the mall for my mate. I headed for a park not far from the pack house when I caught wind of the scent of citrus and cocoa and Shea butter. 'MATE' Xale and Blaze thundered and I tracked he scent to my mate. She was sitting alone and had Carmel brown hair with stunning aqua eyes.

Her hair was curly and stopped under her breasts. But she smelled of vampire and werewolf. 'A hybrid' Blaze confirmed my thoughts. Walking over I sat next to her "Mate" she whispered her eyes snapping to mine "Mine" I griped her waist and hugged her to my side.

Sparks and tingles flew were we touched, she snuggled into my side "what's your name kitten?" I chuckled and stroked her cheek lightly. "Ava" she blushed "Reed" I smirked loving the effect I and on her. "I'm gonna call you Red" she bopped my nose smiling brightly.

"I like Kitten" I leaned in and gently kissed her cheek, I heard her heart skip a beat. "Do you- uh- wanna go get some dinner?" she squeaked and flushed bright red "I'd love to Kitten" I stood up and offered her my hand. Gently she placed her hand in mine and I lead her to my car.

I have my mate, maybe things will look up from here.

Rea's POV
The snow was now deep and covered the ground. My hair went white so did my eyes and wings. But the tips started glowing a neon/dark blue. 'Reed found his mate' Ariana informed me. He did it, he finally did it.

Happy tears rolled down my cheeks my baby boy is finally growing up. I just wish I was there. But the tears turned sad as I remember I would never see my mate again. I missed Matthew.

His name brought back so many memories of us.

Good and bad.

Now I'm living in the woods alone, probably going crazy and not beings with my mate is making me weak. Soon I won't be able to fight when needed. My body will give up, and I'll die.

And this time....... I would be ready for it.

Matthew's POV
I missed her. Every part of me yearned to touch her. Hold her close. And feel her lips on mine. My hand moved to the gold ring she left behind for me, a sense of calmness washed over me.

Tired I climbed into bed and fell asleep.

~Dream~
I was standing in a meadow in shorts and a wife beater. Suddenly I smelled cotton candy and blue raspberry.

Realene.

I whirled around and came face to face with her. Her icey blue eyes and cotton candy hair never changed. "Realene" I reached out and touched her cheek, sparks flew. "Matt" she cried and hugged me.

She fit perfectly in my arms, I nuzzled her neck inhaling her scent. "I missed you" my voice cracked "I missed you to" she sobbed. Pulling back I noticed her hadn't aged a bit "kiss me" she breathed.

Bringing our faces closer I brought our lips together and kissed her until my head swam. "So perfect" I traced her cheek bones. Something about her held a strong aura that couldn't be ignored.

"How can you still love me after all I've put you through" she asked in a small voice and looked down "tags the funny thing about love" I titled her chin up. "You can put miles between us, years apart, have a broken and battered heart" I placed her hand over my heart.

"But my heart will always beat for you" I finished and captured her lips. "So poetic" she giggled. "I must go now" sadness laced her voice and griped her tighter "please" I whimpered.

"I'm sorry" she whispered and faded out. "I love you" that was the last thing I heard before I faded out to.

~Dream over~

I woke up in a sweat. A bitter sweet reunion. I got up and walked out on the balcony and looked at the snow. A thick white sheet that covered the ground with a star filled sky.

Bitter sweet love.

/--/-/-//--/--//--/-/-//--/-/-:/-/-/--//--/-//--//-/-/--/-/-//--//-/-/--/
Pic of Reed's mate!